IB Trouble Ticket Over 1 Month Old

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by cscott, Mar 18, 2007.

1. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Did you call?

And of course part of the answer is in their literature. You can't deny that. That's where one learns of the fact that they do have unbundled pricing and how they calculate it.

That said, you need to reconcile what is defined in the literature with what is in your statement. Narrow it down to the discrepancy or where you believe one is, then give IB a call tomorrow. Always follow up with a phone call. That's common business sense.

#11     Mar 18, 2007
  2. You're kidding me right? You've been a chronic complainer about IB. This is just another example. LOL.

OldTrader

#12     Mar 18, 2007
  3. I suppose you're right. I guess I'm the only one trading pairs or electronic ags. My tickets are all documented, repeatable, and serious problems with these two types of trading.

Although, I'd argue IB's motivation should be to get what they sell working right, rather than trying to get rid of customers who notice problems.

Low commissions is not an excuse for a broken product. If you buy a Honda rather than Porsche, you don't just leave it on the side of the road when it breaks down and rebuke yourself for getting what you pay for.

#13     Mar 18, 2007
  4. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

I decided early on to keep things as simple as allowable unless I was dealing with a brokerage that specialized in my style. Back when I used to trade options, it made a huge difference.

The problem with IB, per se, is that they're the proverbial jack of all trades, master of none. How on Earth can they anticipate the myriad of strategies that can be conjured up among their product offerings? I just can't see it. Even Goldman doesn't. They rely on you to know your stuff. But they do have specialized divisions at least. But you P.A.Y. for that.

I couldn't agree more. However, for basic and somewhat simple strategies, IB's offerings pretty much work as advertized. I can't speak for their smart routing though as I don't trade stocks.

Yeah. True to a point. Were you trying to drive a Honda like a Porsche?

:D

#14     Mar 18, 2007
  5. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

LOL. Shhhh.

#15     Mar 18, 2007
  6. cscott

cscott

I am not going to get sidetracked into a childish pissing contest with ddunbar or OldTrader. They are illogical and irrational IB proselytes. So, I am a complainer. OK. I can accept that, but ALL of my complaints have been valid ones, and one has a right to complain when something is screwed up, and that's what I'm going to continue to do. If you don't like it, then just ignore my posts. OK?

#16     Mar 18, 2007
  7. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Oh don't be a baby. I gave you some very solid, rational, and purely logical advise. As always. But you seem to ignore it.

I'm a realist young son. I don't have unrealistic expectations in life. I deal with life as it is. And that accounts for why I'm generally a happy chap.

Nevertheless, believe me, I know IB can make some egregious mistakes. I was at the receiving end of one. But it was resolved professionally and in a reasonable timeframe. So tuck your "IB proselyte" prattle back under your pink Angora security blanket.

If you were actually looking for solutions to your problem, you'd actually take some advice into consideration. But as usual, you only come to bitch. Hey, that's why one of ET's great posters, Jim Rockford, thought you were a competitor shill.

Still reeling from your first IB bitchfest when I and others showed how you hadn't a clue as to what you were talking about or IB policy... and IB confirmed it in the same public manner.

Classic moment in ET history.

In any event, all that sweet talk aside, those of us posters who have a memory of you wouldn't treat you so poorly at times and take near-obligatory jabs at you if you actually showed an interest in having your problem(s) solved. Lots of folks come on to bitch about IB. I did it a time or two. After all money's at stake. That's some serious stuff, man! But they nearly all are looking for a solution that just happens to start as a bitchfest.

*shrug*

#17     Mar 18, 2007
  8. cscott,

My opinion is that you have a very substantial history of making false, abusive, and antagonistic complaints against IB. You haven't posted enough detail, regarding your current complaint, for anybody to evaluate whether it has merit. I must therefore conclude that your current complaint, like your previous complaints, has no merit. I am obviously not the only IB customer who has come to this conclusion. I come to this conclusion as an IB customer who has posted his own constructive criticisms of IB, when I thought those criticisms were warranted.

I am open-minded. If you can post some details about your current problem, then perhaps you can change my mind. I'm sure I speak for many IB customers when I say that until you provide some concrete details, we believe your complaint has no merit.

ddunbar's comments require that I repeat my previous apology to you, cscott. I'm sorry that I long ago jumped to the incorrect conclusion that you were not an IB customer and that you were shilling for an IB competitor. Thanks also to ddunbar for the compliment in his posting.

#18     Mar 18, 2007
  9. cscott

cscott

I just put jimrockford, ddunbar, and OldTrader on ignore. I'm an old man and I don't have time to read their BS! Now, these three mindless twits can all go piss on each other, and have that great pissing contest that they really want.

#19     Mar 18, 2007
  10. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Sure Jim, I have nothing but respect. Good trading to you.

#20     Mar 18, 2007