IB TRIN and TICK

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by goforwand, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Moreagr

Moreagr

hello Def is there a way to beable to display Trin and Tick charts on TWS or QT i cant seem to get them displayed on our chart jsut the index arb meter :confused:

thanks

#11     Nov 4, 2005
  2. Hoi

Hoi

Oooohh...already a very long time: December-2003 to be exactly.

#12     Nov 4, 2005
  3. Hoi

Hoi

And also these are available: Just use the "marketstatistics page"

#13     Nov 4, 2005
  4. Thx Hoi. I dont ever remember getting a notice that these were available. Guess I need to be more careful about reading the communiques.

#14     Nov 4, 2005
  5. Has anybody managed to get backfill working for TICK-IBIS or TRIN-IBIS ? I always get Error 162 - HMDS query returned no data. Data subscription is correct and both can be entered as TWS data lines with last column updating correctly.

There apppears to be no historical data for TWS charts also for these symbols.

#15     Nov 7, 2005
  6. This might indeed be the case. I seem to recall reading that IB computes these on the fly from the set of underlying quote values.

#16     Nov 7, 2005
  7. I expect that is the case and that it is done server side, so it shouldn't be too hard for IB to store these calculations along with all the other historical data. Would be nice to have.

#17     Nov 7, 2005
  8. jim c

jim c

i have use the nyse-tick on Ib but when u try and chart it the chart values wont dispaly a negative #. When the tick value goes below zero the quotes show it is negative but the chart will go no lower that zero. Anyone else have this problem? thanks jim

#18     Nov 7, 2005
  9. IB charting is primative. Why not use Quotetracker, which is free, which is a first rate charting package.

#19     Nov 7, 2005
  10. unless the latest java / TWS versions have corrected this ...

A: I cannot view charts that make any sense for tick and trin figures using IB charts

B: the market stats page showing breadth figures
    shows incorrect data when I compare it to other data vendors ...

#20     Nov 7, 2005