IB TradingView integration coming in April.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ZBZB, Mar 1, 2021.

1. ZBZB

ZBZB

VPhantom, surface and Onra like this.
  2. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

This is good news...only question is does tradingview have hotkeys? Can I use custom hotkeys to get in and out of trades with customizable position sizes? Or is it limited to button clicking? My quick search shows only 2 hotkeys for quick buying and selling (size determined from whats typed into the order entry dom). Everything else is clicking buttons. So for day trading/active trading this is a no go. But for swing or long term traders this is nice.

And does connecting your IB account get you access to higher quality realtime data on tradingview? Or do you still need to pay an additional subscription fee for their higher tier data?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  3. been waiting for this forever....hope the release date won't get pushed further again.

VPhantom and comagnum like this.
  4. Onra

Onra

Finally...; no more TWS crap.
    Still too late; I just closed my IB accounts...

valkyrie likes this.
  5. What higher tier data?

6. Amatrue

Amatrue

I pay subscription fees on both and I can tell you IB has slightly faster data than tradingview.

7. I know that. I was asking about one user having mentioned about higher tier data at IB. But I re-read the post, it's ambiguous whether the poster referred to IB data or tradingview data. My guess is that tradingview data are just that, tradingview. They just implement an interface to submit orders to IB. Unrelated to data.

I have been waiting for years for IB to offer a better quality data solution at a higher cost. Has not happened so far, perhaps never will. I just got curious when I heard IB mentioned in the same sentence as "higher tier data". :D

Amatrue likes this.
  8. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

The free data on Tradingview is not good. To get faster real-time data you have to pay a subscription fee.

I was wondering if when you connect your IB account are you granted access to this better data or do you still have to subscribe. Im pretty sure you still have to subscribe.

9. Thanks for clarifying. I can't answer that question, wait and see...

10. ZBZB

ZBZB

#10     Mar 2, 2021
    valkyrie likes this.