IB trading!!!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Trading4life, Feb 12, 2002.

1. I have decide to set up a network in my office for trading reason. I am looking to order a router but dont know which kind to get. I used to have problem with IB trading software and found out its my NIC card problem, so I changed my linksys to 3com 905. I just wordering is it best to buy a 3com router also? thanks

2. I'm using an SMC Barricade router/hub. I paid about $70, (check pricewatch.com) has 4 ethernet ports, printer port and has worked great for me. It also works as a firewall so I don't need to screw with software firewall.

3. Magna

Magna Administrator

I have the same SMC Router (model 7004BR), excellent, stable, makes a fine print server, superb hardware firewall (run it on the Gibson Research site as a test, passes security with flying colors).

4. bouncer

bouncer

Trading4life: I'm running IB through a Linksys router and 3Com 3C905B-TX nic with no problems at all. Like you I originally had a Linksys nic which was not compatible.

5. Eldredge

Eldredge

I'm using a NetGear RT314 with no problem. I had the NIC problem too.

6. nitro

nitro

Trading4life,

All routers are good today. They all do the standard NAT and DHCP wich will give you enoug protection from most but the most determined hackers.

IMHO, I would go with the RT314 or similar model. The reason is because they have teriffic tech-support in case you need it.

nitro

7. Thanks for the respones. I will go order a netgear RT314