IB trading platform is frozen again this morning

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by BPtrader, Sep 1, 2009.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Bro, you need to do the following:

1. Go to www.interactivebrokers.com

2. You will see four boxes. Click on the one that says "Individuals".

3. Place your mouse over the word "Education". A dropdown menu will appear. Click on "interactive tours".

4. Click on "TWS Basic Tour".

The tour is short and simple. Moving in and out of the market with TWS is not "misery". It is very easy and very fast.

#31     Sep 3, 2009
  2. Catoosa

Catoosa

Bigpig41:

When you get the education section, also click on "user guides" and study the TWS user guide.

#32     Sep 4, 2009
  3. J.P.

J.P.

I'll be looking forward to that. Thanks Pete.

#33     Sep 4, 2009
  4. Bigpig,

if you don't trade too frequently nd have separate data you might want to use the webtrader.
    Trading with TWS can certainly be a misery depending on which version you use and what orders you most often place. Just logging in is a job. Things change and not for the better. These pop up windows are the perfect example of the incomptence of development, they are everywhere " please note this, please note that" in the time you have read it you 've lost $200.
    As for the manual, how many pages is it now ?And anyway who wants to spend time reading a f*cking manual ? And do it every year to keep up with the changes !

#34     Sep 4, 2009
  5. Thanks folks: sounds like there will be some shortcuts avail. if I hunt through the manuals........try to click through some of the "tips" each time I log in.

#35     Sep 4, 2009
  6. Pete, has this change been made?

#36     Sep 11, 2013
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

For those who complain about performance, just install IB gateway. IB's charting is not great. I personally use Ninja for charting and trading.

I have been using IB for years, and apart from very rare outages (all brokers have these) they work very well. No issue with statements, and the breadth of their products is unmatched outside institutional.

#37     Sep 12, 2013
  8. J.P.

J.P.

Well, that was four years ago; but patience is a virtue.

#38     Sep 12, 2013
  9. gmst

gmst

sorry its not clear from your response how A/D algos operate now - from inside your TWS instance or they now run on server side like other orders?

Thanks. :)

#39     Sep 12, 2013
  10. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

The A/D orders are managed from the TWS. That will be the case for the foreseeable future.

We were planning to move the algorithm to the backend at one point, but we changed our mind.

#40     Sep 12, 2013