IB trading platform is frozen again this morning

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by BPtrader, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Gave IB customer service a call and they can't do anything.

Frankly, I find the customer service is good and knowledgeable. It's the technical department of IB that is disappointing. When the technical department makes blunders, the customer service people take the blame.

So get your act together, IB technical shit!!! Can't you hire some good programmers???

If this kind of performance continues, I'll start looking for another broker.

2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

No prob here.

3. fhl

fhl

It's their charts today. They're screwed up. I use one of their charts to track the es and once i x'd it out, the tws works fine for me in all other aspects. Hopefully , they'll get that fixed and soon or i'll be wit ya lookin aroun.

4. 4XQs

4XQs

Are you guys serious? I doubt anyone would use IB as a broker because of their charting! Their charts is ok for simple stuff, but if you're at all serious get a subscription to Sierra Charts or Investor/RT. And Ninjatrader is free!

5. Bob111

Bob111

f* you IB.. unable to login to account magagement all morning..it was even on IB's status page for once. now i tried again-locked "due execessive failed attempts"..contact IB customer service to reset your password

fuck this..

6. zdreg

zdreg

there is nothing wrong with the programmers. the questions obviously are do they have enough of them for such a complex product. it is a judgment call by the co. the 2nd ? is do the people in technical chat have enough communication skills to deal with both the public and the programmers.

the clock was updating every 3 to 4seconds this morning.

7. moarla

moarla

I use IB as my broker, for charting i use other software. So i have NO problems at all....

8. novel20

novel20

IB trader workstation is sluggish today... not sure if it is due to charts or datafeed or anything.

9. BSAM

BSAM

You using IB charts?

10. IB's platform has always been a POS. If you're trading futures, there are soo many better alternatives; from a technical and cost perspective.

#10     Sep 1, 2009