IB trading platform (E-Minis)

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by mccmatthew, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Tripack - you're correct that the only native Globex order is a limit order, but there is a front end that transforms market orders to limit orders based on CME parameters.

The broker can do the transform (apparently what IB calls simulation) themselves of course if they choose to but the Globex front-end can also do it. What I'm not sure the Globex front end does though is to cancel and reinitiate the order with a new limit price if the price moves beyond the originally transformed limit price without being filled.

#41     Mar 4, 2002
  2. ArchAngel,

Have you got a url relating to how the Globex system works in relation to limit/market/stop orders (relating to the Globex system transforming market orders)? I searched twice on CME's site and couldn't find anything relating to this particular issue.

#42     Mar 4, 2002
  3. tymjr

tymjr

def: “…there have been more APIs added, More T1's and an upgrade to a number of versions of globex software?”

That’s great.

“I have been asked not to post…”

That sucks. I’d ask why but…

“I will not respond to general questions...”

#43     Mar 4, 2002
  4. def - please clarify who requested you not to post.

Your presence makes EliteTrader a much better thread IMO but IB competitors may want you gone (silenced) and attempt to exert pressure on Elite Trader to make it happen. To them I say - tough. :mad: There has to be some workable solution without resorting to censorship.

I've learned a heck of a lot from you sharing your knowledge of markets and of course discussion relating to IB.

"I have been asked not to post and will only respond to inaccurate facts. For now, I will not respond to general questions...."

#44     Mar 4, 2002
  5. tymjr

tymjr

wirelessbull: “Your presence (def) makes EliteTrader a much better thread IMO...”

IMO, too. You are nothing but a positive force on this board... for us, for yourself, and for your company.

#45     Mar 4, 2002
  6. #46     Mar 4, 2002
  7. Tripack - don't have a URL handy, that's how I recall it was speced to work when I did some work at the CME a few years ago.

#47     Mar 4, 2002
  8. toby400

toby400

I don't like vendors who supposedly give opinions on trading which generally are completed with a "For more information see my site" or simply plug some site that exists to part fools from their money.

However, Def sells nothing albeit he represents a broker, as does Don and others. We ask questions of him and he answers them.

We, the forum members, are the one's who decide if we want Def to to continue to contribute, and I for one, urge him to remain in contact.

Toby
    UK

#48     Mar 4, 2002
  9. Def has been an extremely helpful force on this board and we all would like to know why he is being censored. I personally wish to register a protest against this action.

#49     Mar 5, 2002
  10. Aaron

Aaron

When talking with my trading friends Elite Trader has gone from "this great website you should take a look at", to a website I'll mention if they ask. I still find useful content here since Def stopped posting interesting things, but I don't spend as much time here. In fact, I'm using traderclub.com more lately... I like that you can easily search all forums for posts from the last 24 hours.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

#50     Mar 6, 2002