IB tradestation backfill

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by seesound, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Will that backfill be 1-min OHLC data, tick, or something else?

#11     Jul 1, 2005
  2. Ondemand server can do what you need but seems they
    don't support IB as of today. I have not tested it yet, so
    i have no idea about the performance, they have trail version.

http://www.pcharts.com/rt/ods/

But Owndata2 for TS8 supports IB also. I think it's lot
    better if you read through whole site, they have many
    softwares each for diffrenet needs.

#12     Jul 1, 2005
  3. I tried their free tools, for data conversion to XPO format
    they were very buggy, i think Pcharts products should be
    more reliable.

These are all same group:
    www.TSresearchgroup.com
    www.TSsupport.com
    www.Traderssoft.com

#13     Jul 1, 2005
  4. seesound

seesound

TO Cdntrader: maybe we have the different meaning for backfill. TWS provides line chart for one month. Sorry for the misleading, if any.

To IBsoft, I am very satisfied with your service. Hope IB can do better always.

Thanks so much for your information, Nana. We have some contacts before, do you remember?:)

Today in crude oil market, I was seriously attacked by my unwillingness to give up the part which could have been mine. My account was closed just now.I can feel there is some force to get me out of the trading, at least for the time being. I have just started trading for one week and luckily gain considerable profit by today. All is TOO easy!!Now I can feel I must make me more mature and learn to forgoing something before running into the market again. Hope I will be back. Good trading to you all.

#14     Jul 1, 2005
  5. ggoom

ggoom

Dear IBSoft,

The backfill is great news. Now I can ditch my expensive charting software and use something like Amibroker by feeding IB data.

One issue though is the 100 symbol limit. Because I look for a setup based on my formula measuring a lot of charts I often need more than 100 symbols. Do you have any plan to offer more than 100 for a very active customer or one who is willing to pay additional fees? I am sure you have the technology because you used to limit the number based on the commission.

As a related question, if I use TWS and another software using IB datafeed, how does 100 symbol limit count? 100 each or 100 total to both software? Or does it count only different symbols? Thank you very much for your help.

WJ

#15     Jul 1, 2005
  6. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

The very active customer gets more symbols. The number is a function of the monthly commissions. I think you get a free symbol for each $8 for the monthly commissions. I have to verify this.

#16     Jul 1, 2005
  7. the limit is 100 (or whatever your account is set to) total across TWS and any other application that is getting quotes from TWS. Do not know for sure if they only count unique symbol requests. Don't think the symbols are deduped.

#17     Jul 1, 2005
  8. ggoom

ggoom

Thank you. I didn't know the number increase based on the commission. I will contact the help desk to know the details.

WJ

#18     Jul 1, 2005
  9. IBSoft or def,

Can you please confirm if the updated backfill will be 1-min OHLC, tick, or some other interval?

Thank you.

Regards,

#19     Jul 2, 2005
  10. empee

empee

any word on this, i got amibroker and need at the 1-week backfill to automate my strategies thnx

#20     Jul 6, 2005