IB traders

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Jackthepipper, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Thanks for the reply. I'm confused though. I figured worst case scenario I could just open and FXCM account. Why, being a US citizen, would I not be able to trade spot FX on an FXCM account. They have an active trader qualification that lowers commission rates it seems (still $18/million which isn't great but better than $40!). Why do you say my only options are offshore?

#31     Aug 11, 2016
  2. Piptaker

Piptaker

Yes my mistake you can open fxcm being a us citizen, some US clients go offshore to operate under less stringent regs not sure what their sizes are though

#32     Aug 11, 2016
  3. Ok great. Do you have an opinion on FXCM vs Oanda personally?

#33     Aug 11, 2016
  4. Piptaker

Piptaker

I know a US fxcm client who is an excellent fx trader personally , he left them recently and moved to a futures account, they started making things hard for him, I don't have the details sorry. No experiences with Oanda sorry.

#34     Aug 11, 2016
  5. Outside the US I've heard some say good stuff about Dukascopy. One under EU regs and another operation in Eastern Europe with looser requirements. No personal experience and no first hand reports, so do your own due diligence.

I use OANDA Singapore for FX. I just wanted some of my funds outside the States and in a different regulatory environment.

#35     Aug 11, 2016
  6. koolaid

koolaid

This is definitely a paper trade account. Very convenient that you left the top bar off the screen shot.

#36     Sep 1, 2016
  7. ha just read through this thread. Conduit you obviously have no idea about how market makers operate in FX. good to see you got owned when the guy posted the screenshot. these guys looks for small liquidty pockets and work of an av price.

#37     Nov 23, 2016
  8. hey. good work. are you still trading through IB? I concur with what others have said in that you may be able to get your comms a little lower given the volume however IB execution is a good deal for the clip size you are working. The best options for execution from here in the UK before stepping up to Prime are IB, LMAX and Dukascopy. As you know prime is only good as the LPs and banks offer grades of liquidity, with your clip size being relatively small for prime and being point and click trader you should be able to get great execution. Many traders here in the UK trade via an offshore vehicle (company or trust), I am sure you can do similar to get around these pesky US FX restrictions. A key benefit is the gross roll up within the vehicle and ability to change your residence in the future for a cash out although US citizenship may be problematic.

GL

#38     Nov 23, 2016