IB trade above high of bar

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by junkone, Feb 23, 2009.

1. junkone

junkone

when i plotted my trades, i found that my forex trade executed above the high of the bar. how is it possible. mt data provider and broker is IB.
    http://screencast.com/t/cXmv3UIxkD

2. huge spread ? news ? failure ?
    ask IB, even if you will recieve any answer here will it help you?

3. cvds16

cvds16

your charts are probably made out of mid-prices so it's not illogical to have trades above or below those.

4. cstfx

cstfx

IB does not honor any data feed other than their own. They can't. Think about it. Each data feed has their own liquidity providers and thus have their own quotes. You can't trade off ESignal or another m/t prices on forex and expect IB to honor those prices.

5. cvds's reason will be the right one. You are plotting the mid point of bid and ask (unless you chose a different option) with ib's forex not the last price.

6. You need to incorporate midpoint calculation into your triggering methodology otherwise your stops will get run. Two bars can have the same midpoint value with totally different bid/asks.

7. TRADING FOREX WITH STOPS is a very difficult game for real traders... it only works well for sysatem sellers and paper traders