IB Tracing Ip Address

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by cgjung, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Come to the Bahamas ...

#11     Dec 2, 2002
  2. hUH??

#12     Dec 2, 2002
  3. cgjung

cgjung

I was just there in the summer. Vising for Business is okay but
    living there no thanks. Unless you recommend a private island I believe there are over 300 islands.

Anyone with any answers yet. I though this forum was suppose to be an ELITE Trader Forum to help.

#13     Dec 2, 2002

4. Did you get your hand caught in the cookie jar ...

#14     Dec 2, 2002
  5. Private islands available ...

#15     Dec 2, 2002
  6. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Trust me, there is no privacy once you log online. None whatsoever. That is why, if you can't put it on the front page of The New York Times, don't put it in your computer.

#16     Dec 2, 2002
  7. If you are really worried about this set-up a server offshore in an offshore broker's office and control it from wherever ...

#17     Dec 2, 2002
  8. As far as the Inland Revenue is concerned in the UK it doesn't really matter where the trades are actually done from, but where the actual trader is located.

You can have all the offshore servers/brokers you want but if they state you were calling the shots from within the UK then you're in for a big bill and a whole load of trouble thereon.

I know one big guy who's got around this by putting a kid in that offshore location, he's the ones pushing all the buttons, phoning the trades in, of course the trader is on the other phone or ICQ telling him what to do.

I don't know too much about the taxman in Canada but I'd expect he's pretty much like all of the scum, basically what he says is gospel and it's up to you to prove otherwise, not the other way around.

#18     Dec 2, 2002
  9. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

what def said.
    what metooxx said.

there are all kind of legal ways.
    don't do something illegal.

#19     Dec 2, 2002
  10. nitro

nitro

Good point...

nitro