IB Token broke...

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by bandit77, Jul 28, 2007.

1. rayl

rayl

Just saw that. Great!

A slightly related but somewhat unrelated question. Is there any way to transfer positions between two accounts in the same name? (not cash, but positions)

Been wanting to ask CS but given last week's volume, didn't want to bother anyone.

#21     Jul 30, 2007
  2. sprstpd

sprstpd

I find this process to be confusing. Suppose I have two accounts, one already with a token and one without. Which account do I log into to share the token device? From the tooltips on User Management --> Token Sharing, it says "Share your authentication token with another user that has the same identification data." So that would seem to imply I want to do this from the account that already has the token. However, when I click on Token Sharing from that account the fields you have to input are "Username with Token to Share:" and "Password for this User." And this seems to imply that you want to log in from the account that doesn't have the token. Which is correct?

Also, if you already have a token for two accounts but you want to share a token between the two instead, will this process work?

#22     Jul 30, 2007
  3. rayl

rayl

The one that HAS the token can share it with the one that does NOT have one.

#23     Jul 30, 2007
  4. sprstpd

sprstpd

So you are saying log into the account that has the token in order to share it. Really not clear from the instructions.

#24     Jul 30, 2007
  5. TS is fine. I had IB and TS running side by side for almost a year. I've never noticed a difference or lag w/ TS. the quotes and bid/ask are same. in fact, the only quotes that I can remember freezing is IB. TS has blanked out overnight when I kept it on, but I've yet to get frozen quotes w/ TS.

#25     Jul 31, 2007
  6. token sharing doesn't work.

I tried with to identical accounts and i get the message: "cannot be shared because accounts apply for different level of device" (something like that).

THe funny thing is that the account without token its way too big that the one with the device.

#26     Aug 2, 2007