IB Token broke...

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by bandit77, Jul 28, 2007.

1. JackR

JackR

IB says:
    "Interactive Brokers is offering our premier customers protection using a state of the art security system at no cost. "

I don't know how high a "high balance" must be to be a premier customer.

There is no charge for the program. However, they will earmark $150 that will be unavailable to you when you close your account until the token is returned.

Give customer service a call and ask about it.

Jack

#11     Jul 28, 2007
  2. Daal

Daal

is there a way to get two devices?

#12     Jul 28, 2007
  3. No one likes the bother of using the token on login , but anyone that would close the account for this reason is, quite simply, a jackass.

#13     Jul 28, 2007
  4. JackR

JackR

For one account? I doubt it. The Challenge sent to you for login is based on IB's security server knowing the key embedded in your token. As you are aware each token is unique. Your token will produce only one Reply to the Challenge.

I guess that Secure Computing, the company supplying the security system to IB, could easily make two tokens keyed the same. They would both produce the same Reply to a given Challenge. But I doubt that IB would really want to go to the trouble of implementing such a system if it were available.

Jack

#14     Jul 28, 2007
  5. I think if you set up another ID for your account you can get a second device( got this info from another ET user)

#15     Jul 29, 2007
  6. The ultimate solution...microchipping!

"for your protection" lol

#16     Jul 29, 2007
  7. I'm pretty sure you can get a tempt code if you call.

#17     Jul 29, 2007
  8. no, I already have TS up and running. I was in the process of closing my account anyways and had already drawn out most of the money in the account. it's just a pain that it would break right at the end.

#18     Jul 29, 2007
  9. Unless they have cleaned up their act, I think you'll find TS feed to be sub par.

#19     Jul 30, 2007
  10. IBj

IBj Interactive Brokers

if you have more than one account IN THE SAME ACCOUNT NAME, you can link these accounts to the same security device. Go to Account Management / User functions / Token sharing.

We will probably allow certain special cases of device sharing even when the account ownership is different. For example, someone who has a single account and shares access to a joint account will be able to link their access to one device. But we will get to the special cases in the next few months.

#20     Jul 30, 2007