IB: Tickets getting worked?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by lc.junk, Mar 25, 2008.

1. lc.junk

lc.junk

I have two problems with my 1099 tax statement for 2007.

I submitted two tickets in the IB Message Center on 03/04/2008. It's been 3 weeks since then and there has been no replies or otherwise obvious activity/work on my tickets.

I was wondering if anyone else is also having delays in getting their tickets processed.

I'm pretty patient (in my opinion), but I've waited 3 weeks already and taxes are due in another 3.

As a general rule, how long does IB take to respond to a ticket regarding errors in 1099 tax forms?

Thank you for response.

2. bignatty

bignatty

their tax forms are all F--UP. Still haven't got my SCHD. They just keep telling me they are working on it. Really unprofessional accounting unit over there.

3. My personal experience has convinced me that IB customer service is very very non-responsive, slow, rude, and even detrimental (that is, it does more bad than good. You are better off psychologically not contacting them. Sounds ridiculous, but true).

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I sent a message recently that did get a response - 12 days later.

5. I would categorize that reply as "slow." :D

I started to open an account with IB weeks ago, I am still opening it. I don't know how long this opening process will take. :confused:

6. lc.junk

lc.junk

Just to close this thread out,
    IB started working my 03/04/2008 tickets on 03/27/2008.

That occurred 2 days after I posted the initial message on EliteTrader.

At the same time that I posted that message, I also used the IB webmail form to send a message to Customer Service.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/general/contact/newContact/contact.php?ib_entity=llc

Finally, at the same time, I opened a new ticket to ask them to work on my old tickets. LOL

Whichever caused the wheels to get "unstucked", they are now working on my tickets and doing a great job.

I thought I had 3 errors on my 1099's, but there was only 1 error. The person who worked on my tickets really know his/her stuff and is probably a CPA. He sent me links and his replies shows that he is researching the problem in a diligent way.