IB Ticker Rows Greyed Out

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Shadetree42, Jul 17, 2018.

1. I'm having an issue with the latest stable TWS (972.1m) showing greyed-out ticker rows overnight (4pm ET until 9:30am ET, unless there is an AH trade). The issue is that if I click in the bid or ask price, it will always pop up an order ticket now, whereas it used to open an order just beneath the ticker row, which is far more desirable.

Under Configure >> Display >> Ticker Row, I am no longer (as of this version update) seeing an option to select whether to show last known prices or not. Before launching into a weeks-long back and forth with IB, I figure I'd ask here whether everyone has this same issue, and if there is an easy fix?

Here is what I am seeing right now (1:00 am ET):

https://i.gyazo.com/7338933e385d22d2ecf0589b08cd2cfa.png

I cannot click on a bid/ask price to create an inline order. BTW, this has nothing to do with the overnight server reset (pink grid lines, etc.). Completely separate issue.

2. To follow up, even when the rows are no longer greyed out (after 4am ET), it will not let me click on the bid/ask price to create a quick order. It launches a new order ticket every time.

3. sprstpd

sprstpd

The only time I've had issues like the one you are describing is when I don't have market data permissions enabled for a particular security. That means that there is generally either no or delayed bid/ask data being shown and when I click on the bid or ask to generate an order, it brings up the full order ticket.

If I had to guess, your problem might be related to TWS thinking that there is no current market data for the symbol in question (even when there appears to be data).

4. There is no current market data from 8pm ET until 4am ET, yet there used to be a setting that made TWS use last known prices. So I could always enter orders without order tickets overnight. Perhaps I was the only person using this and everyone else entering orders after close used order tickets? Seems unlikely, but I don't know

5. sprstpd

sprstpd

Sorry I can't help you - I have never encountered that setting, but I don't go looking into every nook and cranny of TWS. This is a problem that most IB customer support reps likely won't be able to help you with but there may be someone who knows if you are persistent. If you figure it out, please respond to this thread with your solution.