IB TICK-NYSE Indicator

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by benwm, Oct 12, 2009.

1. vita

vita

TICK-NYSE should work with RegT Margin account. But remember IB does not have TICK historical data. You only have access to live ticker.

#11     Oct 12, 2009
  2. benwm

benwm

it's because I trade via a limited liability company so that determines the account status as professional.

#12     Oct 12, 2009
  3. Arnie

Arnie

I use IB as the data feed for Ensign and it has the historical data going back to spring '08.

#13     Oct 12, 2009
  4. joe4422

joe4422

Just open an account with thinkorswim, use a different name, don't fund it, and get the $tick for free.

Or you use your families name and credit card and get esignal. You might as well get some good charts if you have to pony up that dough.

#14     Oct 13, 2009
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

since you are professional expect to pay x 10 for everything.

#15     Oct 13, 2009
  6. Obvious question is <i>why</i>? IB won't let you get in so deep that an LLC saves you from >100% loss. They'll force you out well before then. So what's the benefit?

#16     Oct 13, 2009
  7. It's for Uncle Sam not IB.

#17     Oct 13, 2009
  8. benwm

benwm

I'm thinking along similar lines, surely TICK would come in useful for timing my retirement fund entries!

Why Limited liability company setup?- I'm based in the UK so US situation might be different - but UK top rate income tax 50% + national insurance tax makes it less attractive than small company tax raate 22% - it's a complex topic of course, pros and cons of both routes. If you can convince the taxman you're an investor not a trader you can be taxed at 18% capital gains but for what I'm doing that is a stretch.

Pro fees a con I suppose though NYSE is the first exchange I've noticed that charges very different rates for pros and non-pros.

Being a pro doesn't make it easier to trade of course :)

#18     Oct 13, 2009