IB tick calculation looks very wrong today

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by stock777, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Actually it's not just tick that's off. NYSE Advancing/Declining Issues are way off. Typically we have something like 3000 issues that trade on the NYSE. The last couple of days IB shows about half that. Right now for instance at 11:15CST I show 432 UP, 903 Down, 58 Unchanged. I get this number for NYSE Market Statistics out of Market Scanner.

Compare this with 1090 UP, 1727 Down, 155 Unch., data from the Wall Street Journal Market Data Section.

So you're looking at about 50% of the issues reflected at IB. I'm guessing that in IB's system, the A/D line has something to do with IB's Tick calculation, which is obviously off as well. Trin is way off...probably reflecting market volume figures off as well, although I haven't bothered to compare them.

I reported this via IB's message system today, with a screen shot. So far no response. I'd suggest you guys report it as well.

OldTrader

#11     Jul 28, 2009
  2. Sent a message also.

Maybe by dividing by 2 they are making the numbers smaller, so the data travels faster....

Why would they muck with just passing the data along...?

#12     Jul 28, 2009
  3. my uneducated guess is that they cut off a bunch of symbols and are calculating their data from a subset of the market.

should have been fixed yesterday.

I would think 90% of the automated systems in use depend on these calcs in some way.

sometimes you have to wonder.

#13     Jul 28, 2009
  4. Good thinking. I hope they divide by 10, then we can get the data even before it happens.

#14     Jul 28, 2009
  5. Looks like IB fixed the TICK data. I can see +1300 8 minutes ago.

#15     Jul 28, 2009
  6. Yeah, I think they got the A/D statistics too. No response on my ticket but it looks like they fixed the issue.

OldTrader

#16     Jul 28, 2009
  7. maybe they should award 10 free trades for pointing out data problems.

#17     Jul 28, 2009
  8. Not getting any TICK-data at all from IB today!

This is more than reason enough to change data provider!

#18     Jul 29, 2009
  9. I think they fixed it...

....by getting rid of it.

#19     Jul 29, 2009
  10. No A/D statistics in the Market Scanner either.

OldTrader

#20     Jul 29, 2009