IB: The warning message pops up every time and makes me untradable

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Benign, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Benign

Benign

For people who asked me about stock market(s) I trade and what the price of the data package is, I'm not going to specify exactly what market(s) I am trading, but you should get the idea and know about its impact in this post.

Some people pointed out the datafeed fee itself won't kill you, so you should just pay. Yes the datafeed itself won't eliminate us, so do commission and exchange fees. Following this logic, no one should care any trading costs at all (so far no brokerage charge ridiciously high prices). Imagine that IB now charges you $500 USD o_O for US market datafeed. OK, it is very high. Still a profitable trader like you should be able to make much more than $500 USD per month. Let say you make $6000 USD per month. $500 USD is far from breaking your deal. Thus you should look no further. Forget the alternatives. Just accept and pay the datafeed fee. What logic is it?

It recalls me that some salespersons, when hard selling their investment classes or materials, they say more or less the same thing. The cost of the investment class, software, tutorial, material is just negligible relative to tons of money you can earn on the market. Think no more. Join and pay now. The logic behind this is totally flawed.

My two cents.

#21     Sep 17, 2007