IB : the end of excessive messaging?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by TraDaToR, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Bob111

Bob111

and that's why i propose to Dav(Ib) to review each account ,which may abuse their system personally.make some fucking filters that's DO work,narrow accounts and review them case by case MANUALLY . and only after you have bulletproof case-make a call,email or send them a warning
    what IB did today is their typical all automated approach

see-

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=198144

this may work for some time...until they screw somebody really big..
    that's why i'm not going to buy IB stock. not in my lifetime..fuck that..

#41     Jul 8, 2010
  2. cstfx

cstfx

Rather self-defeating of IB to institute this when they are trying to get solicit prop business. :confused:

#42     Jul 8, 2010
  3. Bob111

Bob111

they are legit..i have no reason to lie and i never did..... Dav from IB have all account details

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=28165

#43     Jul 8, 2010
  4. I agree with you I am sure it wouldn't take that long for someone to go through each suspect account manually to really filter out the ones that are abusing.

I think the problem here is the problem with most large businesses, they are not efficient! The guy at the top issuing the orders probably doesn't understand how things really work and the problems which may arise. But the guys doing the dirty work probably do but are not listened to...

#44     Jul 8, 2010
  5. Bob111

Bob111

100% correct

#45     Jul 8, 2010
  6. promagma

promagma

I didn't get an email, but I do at least 20:1 ratio trading ES via the API. As you have illustrated 10:1 is ridiculous. The real-time margin checking on a Universal account would be a big calculation, I bet they have a poor implementation that basically works but is much slower than it has to be.

It probably hits the database for every message, lol.

#46     Jul 8, 2010
  7. Specterx

Specterx

Seems like your first action should be to call IB at once, get a supervisor on the line and figure out what's going on, rather than to come to ET. Won't do your acct any good to convince message board users that you're in the right here...

Definitely interested in how this is eventually resolved, though.

#47     Jul 9, 2010
  8. bob111,
    i did not pay attention to the right side of your screen-shot where the trades are.

but 782:1 could be for a partial day...

you say you actually don't know your ratio so there is little point arguing against the ratio they show because it is not clear what interval they used for their measurements.

sorry i used the wrong formula and missed +1:
    OER = (Order Submissions + Order Revisions + Order Cancellations) / (Executed Orders + 1)
    http://ibkb.interactivebrokers.com/node/1343

do folks submit OPG orders with 10:1 or smaller ratio? is there an edge doing this? what sort of ratios for OPG do you guys get at prop firms?

#48     Jul 9, 2010
  9. Bob111

Bob111

good point..which bring us to the question: is there any IB representatives here,who is willing to explain this genius idea and ratio calculation method?
    but again..the message in bulletin still make no sense..regardless to how they calculate it..there is obviously more than 1 execution on the screen shoot

#49     Jul 9, 2010
  10. Bob111

Bob111

once again-i can post a screenshoot of my audit file,where i have a lot of rejections with the message that the orders are rejected because of the like hood of overfill... for no reason whatsoever...this shit is going on since may..so basically-no matter how i put it-i'm fucked by IB definitions..you place you orders too close-they will be rejected(see previous complaints)..you place them too far-fucking Order Efficiency Ratio comes to play..
    i guess i got it...time to move on and meanwhile-short IBKR
    this is fucking BS..
    genesis here i come..

#50     Jul 9, 2010