IB : the end of excessive messaging?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by TraDaToR, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Bob111

Bob111

you do the math..certainly not 782:1 as they are stated
    btw-i'm waiting for an explanation from IB about 782 ratio...simply because their numbers didn't really adds up

#21     Jul 8, 2010
  2. i am wondering why they cut you some slack. here is the correction:

(781+3+780)/1 = 1564:1

#22     Jul 8, 2010
  3. Bob111

Bob111

shortie... i know that your mind is fucked from your previous threads..but i didn't realize that you so bad at math..stay away from politics man..stay away from your 100 years reset..you can't calculate the fucking ratio ...dude..you are on same line with those IB fucks

#23     Jul 8, 2010
  4. nothing personal, this is how they calculated mine: (subm+cancel+modif)/executed

#24     Jul 8, 2010
  5. my ratio is the highest here: 13 actions and 0 executions, for a ratio of inifinity. :D

anyway, it appears they count a day order as a cancel if isn't executed because i had a few cancels listed but i didn't actually cancel any orders today

#25     Jul 8, 2010
  6. With all due respect, there is no date on the commission-side, so it could be any Thursday taken at random. I find it hard to believe that they're that moronic, but it's certainly possible. Is it possible there was another day in question in which you traded 1:782? I once received a messaging warning relating to a day a week prior to receiving the message.

It's likely an error, so why whine about it here before hearing from IB on the trouble ticket?

Begs the question why you're trading odd lots. I bet they're desperate for your business :D

#26     Jul 8, 2010
  7. ECN tickets are flat-rate to the clearer at that volume... so my guess is that IB is pissed that you're a "penny generator" on the commissions. I've never seen a commission charge under a dollar.

#27     Jul 8, 2010
  8. Bob111

Bob111

i agree, there is no date..but....you sounds no better than IB..there is only ONE thursday in the week in trades window. and it's today..notice checked box on top...if you can pull off any thursday on any week of the year via TWS-good for you, but i for some reason can't do that..i guess you should teach me..(btw-check box for each day of the week is my idea, implemented by IB).they use to shovel all trades in one column with dates and time all together.

anyway...odd lots..see another screen shoot attached..trouble ticket? i would love to see the answer from IB...but.... impossible to open due maintenance(same message i see pretty much 7 days a week). need a screen shoot to proof that?
    whine? listen..don't know what you are trading,but it' not uncommon for me to hold 100's of positions worth 100's of thousands $. see my previous posts. if they cut of my API access on middle of the day-it may take a few hours or maybe even days for me to unload all that shit manually..get the point? i'm not playing some online fucking domino here...i't my money..
    and btw-like i said above-this kind of shit is not in our agreement.
    i can't find anything saying that they can cut off API access on middle of the day due whatever or raise commissions by 20% based on any shit they can come up with..can you?

[​IMG]

anyway...i would appreciate some constructive dialog, rather than random nonsense accusations..this whole thing is just make no sense to me..how about you?

#28     Jul 8, 2010
  9. Bob111

Bob111

shortie-see the picture..there is at least 20 trades in the trades window for this thursday right in this screenshoot.. i'm sorry..i can't fit any more in the window... can't you see that? how to hell they did come up with 1 execution over 780 orders placed?
    my point is very simple-their math is just FUBAR

#29     Jul 8, 2010
  10. Weighing the probability of you trolling against the prob. of IB fucking up leads me to believe that they fucked up. Are you sure you haven't traded any day in recent history at 781:1 ratio of cans vs. executions?

#30     Jul 8, 2010