IB: Testing a System with Real Time Data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by laocoon, Jul 11, 2005.

1. you can simply send yourself an EMAIL. when the realtime data triggers your system.
    it works pretty well for me. of course only during the market hrs.

#11     Jul 11, 2005
  2. Not true, NinjaTrader has hundreds of users trading via text file based automation.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/doc_automated_trading.htm

#12     Jul 11, 2005
  3. laocoon

laocoon

You're right of course, I overlooked this. Do you have some experience with this setup, if yes, are you satisfied with it?

Thanks

#13     Jul 12, 2005
  4. Just to add fuel to the discussion, you might consider looking at TSim+, a free front end for IB. It also has a nice simulation mode and autotrading capability via text files.

The web site is

http://tradingsimulation.com

BTW, I've used zerolinetrader and have no complaints about it. Seems like a very nice program.

#14     Jul 24, 2005
  5. #15     Jul 24, 2005
  6. Try Strategyrunner

www.strategyrunner.com

the TPAK (Third party automation Kit)allows you use Tradestation, Excel and pure programing languages like C++ , Java, VB and execute the systems on their paper trading (using live feed).

#16     Aug 7, 2005
  7. Try Strategyrunner

www.strategyrunner.com

the TPAK (Third party automation Kit)allows you use Tradestation, Excel and pure programing languages like C++ , Java, VB and execute the systems on their paper trading (using live feed).

#17     Aug 7, 2005
  8. I use MetaStock (runs independent of execution on your own computer) NOTE: Isn't cheap but you buy the software & contract monthly for data (Owned by Reuters & use their data feed)

LOTS OF Others including TRADESTATION & E-Signal

#18     Aug 8, 2005
  9. jason_l

jason_l

Here's how I handle this (using Java and IB):

I have a seperate "sub-system" coded for submitting orders triggered by my system. This "execution manager" can either pass the orders to the IB API for real, or just simulate the fills based on the bid/ask (commonly referred to as "stubbed out").

#19     Sep 15, 2005
  10. mindfull

mindfull

You might want to check out ButtonTrader which has an external API. I like its SIM mode which has a very 'realistic feeling' compared with other platforms I haved tried.

#20     Oct 15, 2005