IB: "...terminate our relationship with you..."

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by FutureScalper, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Well, I wouldn't be so quick to assume that. If I recall properly, the person starting this thread added his secondary trader in September and got nailed in December.

#81     Dec 7, 2008
  2. Update to the situation. A letter has been emailed to IB's Chairman with no reply so far. Again, as IB states no reason for the "termination" of the relationship, one assumption is the "alternate login" relationship with a trader who is not in the U.S., although the account is long-standing and in good standing.

IF the alternate login was found to have a problem with "compliance" (a couple of months later), then it would seem an offer should have been made to have that removed, thus restoring the account to its original status.

I will update the thread when more info comes in. December 25 is the final date IB has given for funds to be withdrawn, so there's some time for IB to reconsider in this case.

#82     Dec 9, 2008
  3. Adobian

Adobian

For those who had this problem with IB after adding additional traders to your accounts, did you ever sign the Power of Attorney forms and legally add the additional users/traders to your accounts or you simply added as you liked it?

#83     Dec 10, 2008
  4. Too bad none of them are allowed to vote in a US presidential election.

#84     Dec 10, 2008
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. Just to get closure here, my trader friend was duly dumped by IB and our appeals to the CEO were met with no reply. Currently he is with Infinity Futures.

#85     Jan 13, 2009
  6. tonyf

tonyf

Just received an account closure letter from IB letter.... how did you sort it out? I am in the same boat as the one you were in (short seller, EU, etc....)

#86     Aug 12, 2020
    eric41 likes this.
  7. eric41

eric41

I also got a similar account closure letter.They simply stated as below

Following our review of your account, we regret to inform you that we have determined to terminate IBKR’s client relationship with you. This letter serves to inform you that Interactive Brokers will be closing your account on the last business day of September 2020.

No explanation as to why they are doing this.

#87     Aug 13, 2020
  8. The same. Googled and this was the first forum I found. I am from EU and I've been client for 5+ years, but recently I haven't deposited any money. Only withdraws.

#88     Aug 13, 2020
  9. Archvile

Archvile

I recieved the same letter on wednesday in relation to my business account. I am also from EU, client since 2014. They did not respond to my inquiry about why they are terminating the account yet.
    Apart from failing to keep up to date some things in the account management I am not aware of any wrongs on my side (also if this was the issue I would expect them to at least issue some warning first).

#89     Aug 14, 2020
  10. Overnight

Overnight

@def Might want to address this one

#90     Aug 15, 2020