IB suggestions

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by tntneo, Jul 31, 2001.

1. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

IB market depth

I just noticed [read the doc stupid!] that you can select a limit price from the market depth window.

That's cool. But I see the default size for the order is whatever is present at this price level !

2 suggestions :
    - the order default should come from the preference [as usual].

- the font of the market depth should also listen to the preference.

I hope this makes it to the programmers and marketing at IB.
    Thanks

neo

2. NKNY

NKNY

DEF,

I was curious if IB is planning a more detailed portfolio tracking feature.
    Something that would show percentage and dollar gain/loss on individual trades and the total on the entire portfolio. Also a quick trade feature from the portfolio would be nice .

Thanks

Nick

3. def

def Sponsor

tntneo,
    the reason entering orders from market depth shows full size I assume is for institutions that want the option to take out an entire book. However, i don't see why it could not be an option. I'll make the suggestion but have no clue what if any priority it will get. (ditto for the fonts)

NKNY,
    I know that there were discussions in regards to improving the portfolio tracking feature but I'm out of the loop on that one. If I hear of anything I'll let you know (Other clients have asked for this but I'll also pass this request onward again as well.

4. Def,

What is IB doing about the $25k rule? Are any policy statements due?

5. def

def Sponsor

the only statement I have seen is this post under ibmgmt :

When an account has less than US $25,000 balance, it will not be able to open more than three positions, in stocks only, in any 5 day period. They may trade futures and options or foreign stocks as they please.