IB Suggestions & Improvements

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Babak, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Even if my computer was stolen, I really doubt some junky is going to open TWS and decide to short oil. TWS isn't that user friendly.

And if you read my post correctly I said set my margin requirement above IBs level, not below. The idea being that you then can't blow up your account, because you've limited your total position size to X% of your funds. It's to make automated trading safer so you can't accidently submit hundreds of orders and send yourself bankrupt.

And as for your third point. You obviously have difficultly reading as I never said I wanted anything for free. I said I wanted better functionailty in book trader.

Runningbear

#31     Aug 29, 2005
  2. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

1. It is not offered to protect us and you.

2. Good idea.

3. I need specifics as to what exactly you'd like.

Thank you.

#32     Aug 29, 2005
  3. Chriz

Chriz

How about symbol dependant offsets for bracket orders on booktrader. Eg define a bracket order with an offset of +2pts/-1pt for ES and +20pts/-10pts for symbol YM and so on.

#33     Aug 29, 2005
  4. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

Hello,
    We have been working to improve the chart and some of the improvements you have asked for are in the beta including;
    The chart now has a configuration window. Chart elements such as the Quote line, chart key, market time and top menu can now be removed to save space.
    The quote line on the chart is now completely configurable as are the colors.

Please keep the suggestions coming and feel free to PM me to discuss.

Dave

#34     Aug 29, 2005
  5. zzzap

zzzap

I would like to have an option of specifying my max. daily loss. Even better, if I could specify 2 levels. If level 1 is hit, only liquidation orders would be accepted. If level 2 is hit, all positions would be liquidated and trading for the day would be suspended.
    Another thing would be to specify max. number of open contracts. It could be implemented at least to the advisory account. (Yes, I sometimes break my rules and those risk control features would save me lot of money):eek:

#35     Aug 29, 2005
  6. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

A VAR tutorial is being posted into the Interactive Analytics tutorial today.

From our webpage: Education > Interactive Tours > Interactive Analytics

A Combo tutorial is in the works.

#36     Aug 29, 2005
  7. trader99

trader99

hi def or any IB users,

I haven't used IB in over a few years. I just made an ACH deposit from my bank to IB account. Do I need to feel some kind of deposit notification form? I remember filling out those a few years back but it was through wire transfer.

I couldn't find one for ACH deposit. So, one is not needed for ACH? Please clarify. Thanks.

BTW, also, how long are teh funds held before they appear on the IB account and can be used to trade. Thanks.

#37     Aug 29, 2005
  8. 1) Still, its not a good idea and IB is not going to encourage it. There are third party tools to do this if you find it too burdensome to type in a id and password.

Someone steals you computer, it would not take much to log into the program and do mischief. You want your 100k in the hands of some twerp?

2) Is wasn't clear in your post but since you are seeking less margin, I have no problem with that, and it might well protect you from a bad order especially at
    4X margin.

3) I don't use the book trader, so I have no real opinion about it.

#38     Aug 29, 2005
  9. Dr._Bob

Dr._Bob

As a news trader, I would like to see some kind of news feed offering. This is the only service outside of IB I am currently subscribed to. But it is difficult to get a reasonably priced service, since news are usually only add-ons to full-service platforms, so you have to pay the platform fees.

This could either be done by integrating a news window in TWS (which the purists will hate) or by simply offering IB customers a deal for a separate front-end like Newsware's Newswatch.

The number of news sources offered could be small, DJ Broadtape would do it for me.

#39     Aug 30, 2005
  10. ngn

ngn

Real time graphing for arbitrary periods of time, i.e. 2 weeks, 3 months etc

#40     Aug 30, 2005