IB Suggestions & Improvements

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Babak, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Book trader needs more functionality; IB programers should take a look at the X-Trader MD Trader http://www.tradingtechnologies.com/xtrader.asp. We should be able to change the order size with the mouse and not have to use the keyboard. Cumulative daily volume is nice as is the ability place a stop loss with your mouse. The ability to cancel all bid or asks with a mouse click would also be a nice feature.

Also the trading platform should not shutdown during market hours. Some markets are open 24 hours a day during the week (spot forex) and some are open nearly 24 hours a day (futures). Those of us that trade in these markets should not have to endure scheduled shutdowns during trading hours. And yes, I know that I could open two accounts, use different servers and transfer money back and forth but this is unnecessarily complicated and we should not have to do this.

Cheers,

TRADERguy

#21     Aug 27, 2005
  2. TGM

TGM

I hear you on Xtrader. I have used TT since it first rolled out. I use zerolinetrader with my IB account. You can use it for everything and it is only 60 bucks a year. Try the free simulator. www.zerolinetrader.com --you will like it alot better than booktrader. I cant get used to the booktrader ----too odd for me.

I agree with you on the platform shutdowns. They are trying to reduce those I think?

I would also like to have a second log in for a backup. Like with Xtrader pro ---you get a second login to run it on another machine for a backup.

I may open up a second account with IB for Asia. Not a bad idea.

#22     Aug 27, 2005
  3. timbo

timbo

I'd like to be able to insert formula's into a cell in TWS instead of using Excel - and be able to reference other tickers via ticker symbols only.

#23     Aug 27, 2005
  4. OHR

OHR

#24     Aug 27, 2005
  5. 1. Auto login is an absolute priority above everything else.

2. I would love to have the ability to set my account margin at an amount above the level set by IB.

3. Better functionality on book trader

Apart from that its great.

Runningbear

#25     Aug 28, 2005
  6. Babak

Babak

Another idea would be to have some more turorials re the new and advanced features (VAR, option combos, etc.).

Runningbear, could you be a bit more specific re book trader?

Also, someone mentioned that TWS sucks way too much processing/ram. I'm not sure how much of this is attributed to TWS feature bloat and how much to the new Java version. The new Java runtime is massive compared to before and takes much more resources. Anyone else notice this?

#26     Aug 28, 2005
  7. Babak

Babak

re charts, I would offer this macro view:

Either make them kickass (comparable or better than what is out there) or drop them completely. This may mean unbundling it and charging separately for it (if you decide to go the kickass route).

#27     Aug 28, 2005
  8. mgsamuel

mgsamuel

IB rocks!

Like these suggestions.

We need time and sales data (individual trade information with price, quantity and time) - I feel blind.

Happy trading.

#28     Aug 28, 2005
  9. 1. So I can steal your computer and trade your account to zero.

2. So you can blow up a trade and leave IB on the hook for the losses? Or did you mean set it so you have less margin.....heh

3. How is the competition gonna make a living if they give it away for free?

#29     Aug 28, 2005
  10. dalvord

dalvord

#30     Aug 29, 2005