Ib Sucks

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mdmbud, Jan 9, 2003.

1. huangks

huangks

*feel

#11     Jan 9, 2003
  2. What I would like is an explanation as to how I find out what IB thinks my real position is?

I take it the the executions panel comes from a local file of execution confirmations the TWS received hence it may not reflect what the IB server has?

How do I find a fresh, real time statement of my positions? That would be the account panel I suppose. Does that come from the IB server without having data cached locally?

#12     Jan 9, 2003
  3. McCloud

McCloud

It would not be a bad idea to cancel all the open orders before the close or shutting down TWS, that way any open orders that may be sitting out there but would be cancelled.

#13     Jan 9, 2003
  4. Catoosa

Catoosa

This IB problem has not happened to me in perhaps close to two years. In the early days of IB, I had several unknown trade show up in my account one, two, or three days after after the trade date. These were all orders I had canceled, and IB found out days later that the orders had been filled.

Catoosa

#14     Jan 9, 2003
  5. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

mdmbud
    I sympathize !

IB should fix this - and they probably will.
    Where's Def ?

I quit IB also,
    I really don't need some wise ass
    with an attitude givin' me grief !

Wake up IB - it's your PERSONNEL !

#15     Jan 9, 2003
  6. mdmbud

mdmbud

"McCloud" I did cancel all of them and I watched with my own eyes as the order pending disappeared.... This is what upsets me..... Besides them being absolute jerks....

#16     Jan 9, 2003
  7. Could you tell me what happened. Naturally you had an email confirmation showing what your account position was, showing no overnight net positions. Then they come back and say you had a fill.

How can they stick you with something that is their foul up? Did you tell them to take a hike? Did you point to the email confirmation and say, 'There that is my position, that is what we go by.' They have to honor their account statements.

Maybe they had extra positions in their inventory that couldn't be matched to client positions. They can't run around to the clients days later and say, 'Uh, you got a fill on that one and that one there.'

#17     Jan 9, 2003
  8. lundy

lundy

I totally know what your going thru, i gave them alot of money in commissions as well. And they treated me like absolute shit. On the phone and in their chat.

Anyone who uses IB should ask them what options you have to liquidate when THEIR link to globex goes down.

When I was with IB, they couldn't even make a call to cme to get me out a f*ken position. I'm sure they could, but they didn't/wouldn't.

I don't want to rant anymore, as i've already talked about this in the past.

But i feel your pain too bud.

#18     Jan 9, 2003
  9. #19     Jan 9, 2003
  10. white17

white17

On the execution screen, some trades have a + mark in the far left column with no title (at least that's my config). What is the + mark for ?

#20     Jan 9, 2003