IB: Stuck with an order

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Dr._Bob, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Hi jaan,

The msgIn.t and msgOut.t files contain perhaps all the information one would wish to see in a log file.

Could you please post some information on the contents of these
    msgIn and msgOut files? I think many ET members would be helped very much with this.

Thank you!

Good to you,

nononsense

#11     Dec 5, 2003
  2. Release Notes for build 812

The enhancements and modifications below are in build 812 of TWS. To identify the build number, on the TWS Help menu select About Trader Workstation. For clarification on any of the items listed, refer to the appropriate section in the User's Guide, or contact IB customer service.

Enhancements

Order Audit Trail Feature for Customers
    When you enable the Audit Trail feature, TWS will display your order activity for the day. Each day's activity is saved to a daily audit file in your XML directory (represented by an arbitrary series of letters) and named according to the day of the week. The next week, each daily file is overwritten as the new audit file is given the same name. To enable this feature, from the Configure menu select Misc and then check Create Audit Trail. To view daily order activity, from the View menu select Audit Trail. To save a file so that it is not overwritten with the next week's file, view the file and from the browser's File menu, select Save As. Give the file a name with an identifying string, for example the date (Audit Trail 12_04). You can also rename the file directly from the XML directory when TWS is closed.

#12     Dec 5, 2003
  3. What do you make of it LongShot? Do you think there is a lot of
    traders out to get IB for some reason? Or do you think IB is
    screwing up royally and giving traders the shaft?

#13     Dec 5, 2003
  4. alanm

alanm

Quote from LongShot:
    how strange a rash of anti-IB threads all of a sudden.. hmmm :)

I think this should be an FAQ (or frequent urban legend) on message boards. People are many times more likely to complain about something when it doesn't work, than to praise it when it does work.

With regard to the number of threads, I don't think you can draw any conclusion there at all. This is the primary forum for IB-bitching. Considering the number of active customers, the number of complaints here could not be considered statistically significant. A change from 1 post per week to 1 post per day is simply "noise". Note that this is not a comment on the validity of the complaints, just on their statistical significance.

#14     Dec 8, 2003
  5. Any updates ? Any explanations from IB ?

#15     Dec 10, 2003
  6. Dr._Bob

Dr._Bob

Dear Customer;

Interactive Brokers LLC acknowledges receipt of your inquiry. Following our review of this matter, one of our Customer Service Representatives will respond to you. We hope to provide you with a prompt answer. If you have further inquiries after receiving our response, please email us at help@interactivebrokers.com with further details. We thank you for your patience during this process.

Regards,

IB Customer Service

#16     Dec 10, 2003
  7. As I recall, one of the recent IB gripers had a PhD in math or stats. Maybe he could provide an expert opinion as to whether or not the IB complaints on this message board are statistically significant.

#17     Dec 10, 2003
  8. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

Let me add more conspiracy to the theory.

I've had IB orders that get changed in size....or are repeatedly canceled when a ton of margin is available. I've replaced the orders only to have them canceled a minute later. Finally, after the 3rd,4th,5th try of battling with TWS do they stick.

Looks like risk assesment software gone awry....or maybe something kicked out to a live person for reviewn & was jacked with.

I love IB...but there are a few quirks...just like anywhere else.

#18     Dec 10, 2003
  9. jaan

jaan

each row of those files is a FIX message in the form of fixTag-value pairs separated by ascii(1) symbol. you can get the meaning of fixTag-s from here: http://www.fixprotocol.org/specification/fix-41-with_errata_19990630.html

- jaan

#19     Dec 10, 2003
  10. UMU

UMU

> msgIn and msgOut files

Where are these files stored?

#20     Mar 31, 2004