IB - Straighten out your f'in Bookkeeping!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by maryp, Nov 27, 2009.

1. I've been trading with IB for something like 10 years or thereabouts. I don't do my own taxes. I send all the paperwork to my CPA, who does them for me. He double checks IB. No errors. In fact, he loves this Schedule D that IB now puts out.

If my CPA has no difficulty, and you do, guess who I'm going to believe?

OldTrader

#21     Feb 8, 2010
  2. fhl

fhl

I checked a couple of days ago and the 1099 is available but there is no 2009 sch d yet. Anybody else?

#22     Feb 9, 2010
  3. Bob111

Bob111

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/p.php?f=tax

go to reports and dates->

looks like nobody but me got this SEC fee?

#23     Feb 9, 2010
  4. JackR

JackR

Bob:

Looks like three $10 fees:

1) ARCA Book

2) Data Feed fee when commissions <$30

3) Monthly Minimum Fee. Charged if account activity is <$30 commissions. The monthly minimum description (Activity Fee) is poorly written but I think it works such that once you hit $10 in commissions the fee goes away. However, the commissions are subtracted from the fee so if you do $10 in commissions there is no Activity fee but you'd still have to pay the Data Feed fee as you didn't make the $30 minimum there.

Jack

#24     Feb 9, 2010
  5. has there ever been a negative thread about IB in the history of ET where old trader hasn't come in to assail the "offending party"?!?

makes one wonder what motive would drive someone to have such a tireless obsession to defend IB- doesn't it.

#25     Feb 10, 2010
  6. That is not a SEC fee, it is the Securities and Commodities Exchanges data fee charge of $10 for not paying $30 in commissions.

If the account is not active you would be better off moving it to another broker or put it in an IB advisor structure with an active account or accounts.

#26     Feb 10, 2010
  7. rcj

rcj

Tilt
    are you an IB customer?

#27     Feb 10, 2010
  8. Bob111

Bob111

Thank you for explanation,but i'm still puzzled....I've been with IB for a decade or so and i see this fee for first time. i have couple absolutely same not active accounts(i only trade stocks and some corp.bonds,no futures or commodities and i do not have any data subscriptions from IB for those products) and no such fee on those accounts..
    i open a ticket 5 days ago..no answer..

#28     Feb 10, 2010
  9. FWIW, the last few years I've never been able to match the total proceeds as reported end of year by IB, with the total proceeds generated by tradeLog based on importing the trades from IB.

There has always been a small difference of less than $25. Since reporting a number different from IBs official total proceeds is an IRS audit flag, this is somewhat irritating.

#29     Feb 10, 2010
  10. rcj

rcj

02-10-10 12:31 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from Full Tilt:

makes one wonder what motive would drive someone to have such a tireless obsession to defend IB- doesn't it.

still waiting, ol buddy. Yes - No ??

#30     Feb 10, 2010