IB Stops not going "dark blue"

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by vikana, Feb 8, 2002.

1. finally got a response from support. The support guy/girl doesn't even know his own product. Here is the response I got.

"light blue means that we are holding the order within our system until the price has been triggered by the market".

He then dismissed my report.

What incompetence. I'm a loyal customer of IB, and really want to be taken seriously when submitting bug reports. IB really has to hire other than McDonalds alumni to man the support desk.

#11     Feb 11, 2002
  2. that mirrors my experience. Thanks for your help Def ... again you're the only one that truly helped. I hope IB is treating you well !

#12     Feb 11, 2002
  3. Merkur

Merkur

:)

That's typical for the Standard-Helpdesk in US.

But I received a good answer from the technical support:

"Thanks for working with us on this issue.

We've done some extensive testing on this issue and were able to re-create the
    issue. We're notifying development about this issue.

-Ernie
    IB Technical Assistance Center"

regards
    Merkur

#13     Feb 11, 2002
  4. Funster

Funster

Yeah,

Ernie is a good guy. Like gold dust in IB - same as Def.

#14     Feb 11, 2002
  5. I also had that problem, but I was able to work around it by duplicating the order, canceling it, and then transmitting the duplicate. This worked 95% of the time, so I didn't worry about it a lot. Good to know someone was a little more hard-headed and got the to take notice of the problem. My former helpdesk experiences have kept me from even trying.. :)

Cheers
    Wonko

#15     Feb 12, 2002