IB Stop Orders

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Harry, May 14, 2003.

1. Harry

Harry

Does anyone have problems with stop orders with IB TWS today? Every time I adjust a transmitted stop and transmit it again it gets executed immediately - even though the market is nowhere near my stop.

Thanks,
    Harry

2. Tea

Tea

If you are creating a stop limit - make sure you have changed both the limit price and aux price on your stop.

3. Harry

Harry

No, it's a simple stop order. Do you use IB and have you used a stop order today?

Thanks,
    Harry

4. I just did what you describe twice with no problem. It's 2:00 eastern.

5. Harry

Harry

Thanks a lot for trying it! I don't know what's the problem here - I have done hundreds of orders with IB - no problem at all. I started TWS on my second computer and the problem here is the same ... really weird.

Harry

6. syd697

syd697

Harry,

I've had the same problem since upgrading to the newest version. I go to enter a limit order at a specified price and then the trade executes immediately not at the price i entered. It's weird. Sometimes I'll have a limit price loaded up, and when I right-click just before transmitting, I'll notice that my limit price has defaulted back to some other price. Another thing I noticed is that the very first trading page tab will not save with the title that I want. It keeps defaulting back to "untitled" after i reboot. I haven't called IB yet on these bugs, if that's what they are.

7. Yes, it seems to be a real issue. Happened to me twice today.

From IB:

Dear Trader,

IB will reinstate your position and bust ( cancel ) the __ trade sell at __.
    IB is aware of the situation and is working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. I apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

It happened once when I was adjusting the price on an auto-stop attached to an entry stop-limit order that had been transmitted but not yet triggered.

The other occurrence was when I went to change the price on an existing stop-loss, and when I transmitted the change it executed immediately at market, nowhere near the stop price.

8. Happened to me three times today.

I think I figured it out. Only stops that are created through auto stop, or attach stop seem to be affected. Creating stops as a separate order seem to work fine when you modify the price.

Jay

9. This was the problem. IB is fully aware of it. Why they don't inform clients of this is beyond me.

10. After admitting that they know all about the problem, I asked IB why they didn't tell clients about it. Their reply? I agreed to a non liability clause, so they are not liable!

I never implied that they were. I just asked why they didn't inform us of this very significant problem.

First time I've been seriously disappointed in IB.

Jay

Feel free to chime in here if you wish Def. I can even send you the reply I received. It was rediculous.

#10     May 16, 2003