IB stop order not executed

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by AMAT, Oct 17, 2005.

1. alanm

alanm

Since I only occasionally trade YM (usually as a hedge), I might have been hit by the same problem in this situation.

Shouldn't TWS make it clear to the user that the order will not trigger outside RTH, even though they've told it to do so? Why doesn't IB do a simulated stop-market in this situation?

#11     Oct 17, 2005
  2. def

def Sponsor

fyi, in the current beta:

New Status Trigger Clock Icon for Trigger Method

For all situations that use triggers, including stop orders, conditional orders and alerts, TWS has implemented a Status Trigger Clock icon. When visible in the status line, the icon indicates that an order will not trigger outside regular trading hours. If triggering for a specific order is available outside regular trading hours, double-clicking the trigger clock will open the Trigger Method dialog box. You can then check the Time Restriction box to allow triggering outside RTH.

AND

TWS now includes two new order states and two new order status colors.
    Color Description
    PALE PURPLE indicates that an order has been accepted by the system (simulated orders) or an exchange (native orders) but that currently the order is not working, due to system, exchange or other issues. When the order becomes active, the order status color will change appropriately.
    BURNT ORANGE indicates that a cancellation request has been accepted by the system but that currently the request is not being recognized, due to system, exchange or other issues. At this point, your order is not confirmed canceled. You may still receive an execution while your cancellation request is pending.

#12     Oct 17, 2005
  3. Xenia

Xenia

Thank you.

Any confirmation from IB that they still use simulated stop orders with ECBOT (R9.0) ?

#13     Oct 19, 2005
  4. I have had 5 occasions in the last two weeks where the prices traded thru by price by as much as 40 cents with filling me.

To get it to work after hours you have to start from scratch with an order and go to the tab to uncheck the rth and put gtc in the time. You have to do all of that before you hit transmit or else you will get the mismatch error and it will not work.

I hate ib and the only reason I use the bastards is because of the way they handle margin.

John

#14     Oct 19, 2005
  5. dcriese

dcriese

Dear IB Salvatore, per the CBOT, stops became native on the ecbot on October 10, 2005. see http://www.cbot.com/cbot/pub/cont_detail/0,3206,1027+31618,00.html
    I emailed IB customer service last week to ask if we would be able to use the native stops through the TWS platform. The answer was no, without an explanation as to why. Could you please explain why we will not be able to use native stops now? I would like to be able to use them during all trading hours, of course.
    Thanks

#15     Oct 20, 2005
  6. def

def Sponsor

i know programmers were working on it so if not available by now, they should be available very soon.

#16     Oct 20, 2005