IB stop order not executed

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by AMAT, Oct 17, 2005.

1. AMAT

AMAT

even I have checked the "triger outside RTH" box.

I am trading YM around 9:15, I saw the market penetrated my buy stop market order all the way up 10 points above my triger price without execution.

Does anybody know why? thanks

2. Aaron

Aaron

I don't have the answer, but I'll be interested to hear if you find out.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

3. Xenia

Xenia

Native stop orders for ECBOT do not work ? How come ?

4. CBOT (E-CBOT)
    Stop Orders and Stop-Limit Orders: Stop orders and Stop-Limit orders are not supported by the E-CBOT. Interactive Brokers provides customers with simulated stop orders and simulated stop-limit orders. Orders can be placed at anytime during trading hours.

Special considerations for market and stop-market orders: IB defines regular trading hours (RTH) for ECBOT to be 09:30 – 17:00 EST (or the time of closing of open outcry trading for a given contract, if earlier). ECBOT defines the day session to commence at the beginning of the open outcry session. This has important implications for stop-market orders for contracts that commence trading prior to 09:30. Specifically, stop-market orders will not trigger prior to 09:30 EST. Customers wishing to use stop orders should select stop-limit orders and ensure the ‘trigger outside of RTH flag’ is activated.

ECBOT defines valid ranges for trade executions based on their definition of “fair market value”. Trades outside these ranges will be cancelled by ECBOT and they impose a severe $1000 USD per event penalty and these penalties can increase to $5000 per event. Customers must be aware that orders submitted at prices outside the ECBOT’s allowed ranges will generate a mistrade penalty and these will be passed on to the customer.

Closed daily from 17:00 - 20:40 and 23:40 - 00:15 ET for CBOT/IB daily maintenance.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/trading/usFuturesStopOrder.php

5. Quah

Quah

Yet another misleading thread title, and uninformed IB user.

Suprise, suprise.

6. Happened to me frequently, esp with ES options on Globex. Stop orders are a real problem with IB.

Needless to say, I do not use stop orders anymore.

7. Xenia

Xenia

IB does not support native stop orders for ECBOT (Release 9.0) ? Why ?

8. I thought eCBOT was going to implement native stops on October 9....

9. Xenia

Xenia

10. Brokers are still implementing the new order types. Some are offering the new functionality already, others are still working on it.

#10     Oct 17, 2005