IB Stop Order Execution

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by rodras, Apr 19, 2020.

1. rodras

rodras

I recently opened an account in IB and I'm taking the first steps into the TWS platform. Coming from several year trading on Colmex platform I feel IB-TWS's is like driving a 10 wheeler.

From what I managed to search in the forum, there is a historical problem regarding stop losses and stop-limit order execution and last week I personally experienced that issue with small orders. On Thursday, 2 different stop-limit on US stock CFD orders weren't executed although, on both occasions, the stock hit the stop value and there were several standing orders - as I saw in Lvl 2 - above the set limit.
    Is these issue usual? Did anyone had that issue last Thursday? How did you overcame that problem?

In regard to CFD (US stocks), is it normal to get parcial, or step-by-step fills even on small quantities, using IB-TWS? Can anyone tell me what's the criteria?
    In Colmex & TEFS I used to have immediate executions. The condition was orders standing at the ASK, or at the BID, when buying or selling, respectively.

2. ToTrade

ToTrade

I recently started trading with IB, and so far every single 1 lot stop order placed in Comex Silver has had slippage of 1 tick, even in slow markets. Has anybody else experienced this?

I also got an email from them this morning telling me that they "noticed" that I am using stop orders and the following text:

"In accordance with our obligations as a broker, large Stop (Market) Orders may be split into smaller orders, which will be traded over time. This is designed to reduce the impact of these large orders on the market, including the impact your order has on the market price."

Does this sound like an excuse on their part to steal a tick?

3. rodras

rodras

I believe the problem I mentioned in the original post was due to the default trigger method. Check which trigger method is selected in your presets section settings.
    https://www.interactivebrokers.com/php/whiteLabel/Making_Trades/trigger.htm

Although I've changed from the default setting, I'm still experiencing slippage from time to time.