IB stop order dropped off screen

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by bundlemaker, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Anyone have any idea what happended? IB didn't. I was long AMKR at $5.32 at 11:21 EDT. I had resting stop/limit order to sell, stop 5.22, limit 4.00. At about 11:42 my stop hit, the pending page turned black again, and the order dissappeared. But, for about 5 minutes the execution page showed no execution, my account page showed I still owned the stock. Finally, I just placed another order and sold at 5.17. One last thing, when I placed this last order, it initially gave me some kind of error message like "order not available" or similar to that, before it actually executed. I'm baffled. Should I just avoid using stops with IB? Any input appreciated.

2. ktm

ktm

I have not had this happen with stops but it has happened when placing an equity order directly. The message rejects the order as invalid but really the system has an issue. On the option side, the same error reads "Order Rejected - Unable to value contract at this time".

My theory is when the stop triggered and the order attempted to convert - the message was encountered and the order was rejected. It doesn't happen often and stops are pretty reliable these days...but not 100%. They are much, much better than they were at one point.

3. H2O

H2O

I once had an oca order on my TWS (1 sell limit and 1 sell stop) At some point during the day, I got a WRONG execution on my sell limit (A price , false tick, caused this and the execution was busted a few minutes later)

However, when my execution was going thru, the OCA automaticly cancelled my stop order which leaved me "unsecured"

Fortunately nothing bad happened and I'm not sure if this is the problem with you but keep track of your orders (And especially if you have GTC orders for overnight positions)

CHECK THEM !!!

Hope this helps

By the way, no offense to IB, who always solved any problem (I've had 2 problems with them in 3 years) correct and in time (Although the CHAT doesn't always help you out, when you send an email, things will be solved)

4. Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated. I suspected it was a fluke, but it just goes to show you've got to pay attention all the time.