IB Stop Loss Orders Not Executing

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by andysmith, Aug 7, 2012.

1. BSAM, thank you. I will report back tomorrow.
    One more question: does the width of the stop limit affect the fill? In other words, if I have StopLimit #1 of stop=10 and limit=9.90, and StopLimit#2 of stop=10 and limit =9.50, will they both yield the same results or will #1 outperform #2?

#11     Aug 7, 2012
  2. BSAM

BSAM

When the stop is hit, your order becomes a market order.

#12     Aug 7, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Brother Old, I trade futures.
    My TWS charts seem to be very accurate.
    I sit there and watch exactly what happens with my orders almost every day.
    Everything seems to be executing right on.

#13     Aug 7, 2012
  4. yes, we know that, but it doesn't jive with the tws charts. It can trade through on the charts and your stop just sits there, and other times it gets hit even though on the charts it never touched the trigger.

#14     Aug 7, 2012
  5. futures only trade on one exchange. There is no one exchange for forex, and now the same stock trades on many exchanges even though it is listed on NYSE.

#15     Aug 7, 2012
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Doesn't happen to me.
    But like I said, I use a stop limit order.
    My stops limit orders always execute.

I'm curious though, as to whether you are speaking of some problems that have happened in the past, or are you seeing this on a regular basis?
    Also, I believe you trade stocks, do you not?

#16     Aug 7, 2012
  7. see above

#17     Aug 7, 2012
  8. NKNY

NKNY

I'm having an issue with orders going off because of stops being triggered at prices I didnt set..

Right now I want to set a stop at 2792.50 on nq and I set the price limit lower and I get a popup asking me if im sure... I did this to check the stop going in...

it shows 2790.00 as opposed to 2792.50... I even had some orders get executed yest that I didn't intend... Seems like I have to verify my stops now...amazing...

#18     Sep 12, 2012
  9. But does this happen with NT connected to IB, and if not why do you not get a better front end if you are trading real money?

Now, if it still does, why don't get you get a better broker if you are trading with real money.

#19     Sep 12, 2012
  10. Daal

Daal

Does IB stops ignore clearly erroneous prints like late prints?

#20     Sep 14, 2012