IB Stop Limit Orders

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by formikatrading, Mar 6, 2002.

1. When you place a stop limit order on IB, there are 2 different prices that you need to fill in. Which one (right or left) is the stop price that triggers the limit order and which one is the limit price?

2. jsmith

jsmith

The price that you usually fill when you buy or short is
    the stop price and the other one is the limit price.

It is annoying when I set the price first before I change the
    order to a stop and it automatically changes my price
    to the market price for the stop. Then I have to re-adjust it.

3. dchoran

dchoran

hot keys to adjust both stop and limit prices together?

When I daytrade, I am constantly moving my stop limit orders to either lock in profits or minimize losses.

I have hot keys for price up and down that work fine for the limit price field but THE PROBLEM is I must manually then enter the revised aux or stop activation price!!! This manual change in the aux price is a royal pain and is costly in fast moving situations.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO HAVE MY PRICE HOT KEYS WORK SIMULTANEOUSLY FOR BOTH THE LIMIT AND STOP/AUX PRICE FIELDS????

I mostly trade the QQQ's and use the exact same limit and stop price and have never had a missed execution in market hours. But I have taken a beating quite a few times while punching in that damn aux price!!!!!

Thanks for your help everyone!!!!

Feel free to email me.

dchoran@athenet.net

Appleton, WI

4. Htrader

Htrader Guest

I believe the one to the right, which should be under the column "aux. price" is the stop price that triggers the limit order. The one on the left should be under the column "limit price" and that is the limit price.