IB stole my car!?!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bxptone, Dec 2, 2008.

1. BSAM

BSAM

I just opened an account at IHOP. They are very good at this. Fast executions.

#21     Dec 4, 2008
  2. The only reason for staying with IB is their API. I have been playing with hooking my ATS up to NinjaTrader via its API. Got all the order mgmt functionality I need. If I could just get the price feed coming back the other way, I'd move to one of the other NT futures brokers tomorrow.

Maybe they aren't overall better brokers - limited range of products - but may well be better for me.

#22     Dec 4, 2008
  3. Yes OCO should do it

regards
    f9

#23     Dec 4, 2008
  4. Even after a bad day (my own fault) still so nice to be able to smile, yep life too short to worry about one bad trade when so many new opp's are out there.
    Thanks guys for the good humor :)
    Love the swirching coffee to tea option :)

#24     Dec 4, 2008
  5. Anyone else having trouble with TWS trading ZB? Soon after I short it next quote is 15 ticks higher. LOL.

#25     Dec 4, 2008

6. Before 2000 I studied the various historical crashes. I got out then and I got out this time.

But I never owned any brokerage shares or worked in the industry - god forbid.

I liked these ones. Kudos.

#26     Dec 4, 2008
  7. yayt

yayt

I love this thread

#27     Dec 4, 2008

8. This site is monitored day and night for any IB bashers. Hey I use to trade with IB did so for many years.

They were the best, they are not the best any more. I don't get paid for free cash there margins are the worst now. The TWS interface is soooooo out dated.

And they have your account with Citi, that’s scary. I moved to TradeStation, not getting paid interest any more might as well get a free platform with good charts.

TradeStation is not perfect by any means. I do feel better that they use JP Morgan Chase for equities.

I can’t believe this has not been moved to chit chat. If it were someone starting a thread raging about Paulson it would be moved in 5 minutes.

Have you ever noticed how someone always counters any bad rateing on IB. They keep it ALWAYS at 76%-- 24% Its such a scam.

#28     Dec 4, 2008
  9. Notice that some live in a paranoid fantasy land with IB achieving almost the same status as the CIA and NSA at other sites.

#29     Dec 4, 2008
  10. I think the jabs come automatically when a firm becomes a dominant force in their industry. Just jealous competitors fueling it.

e.g. Look at how many (myself included) poke at Micro$hit.

From that perspective this whole thread is a complement for IB: they have joined the big league.

Hope they keep up the good work, sure as anything someone needed to shake the industry up and this will only result in better choices for every retail trader. (We need only to look what the fees were 10 years ago and what they are now)

Maria

#30     Dec 4, 2008