IB stole my car!?!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bxptone, Dec 2, 2008.

1. LOOOlLL

alomost fell off my sofa laughing

#11     Dec 3, 2008
  2. BSAM

BSAM

The suckers refused to carry out my trash this morning.

Can anyone recommend a broker who will do this for me?

#12     Dec 3, 2008
  3. runtrader

runtrader

You have to activate that functionality in TWS. See Tools -> Options -> More Options -> Take Trash Out

#13     Dec 4, 2008
  4. Now I'm here to vent about TWS. This $%^#@ piece of garbage has been getting less and less reliable lately. I placed an order via the API late last night (or my ATS did, after I went to bed), only to find out this morning that TWS never filled it. Missed out on a profitable trade. :mad:

Don't ask me why it didn't fill it. It just didn't. No explanation given, so my order never even reached the exchange. It hung altogether soon after that, and my ATS had to restart it. Grrrrrrrr!

#14     Dec 4, 2008
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Quick.....Name an overall better broker.

#15     Dec 4, 2008
  6. runtrader

runtrader

Well last night I placed an order in my ATS (Auto Trash System) I put the trash bags in the usual place when I woke up this morning thy were still there! In the same place as I had left them. I'm bloody furious! I checked the settings in TWS and Take Out Trash was activated!

Can some one please explain what happened? IB!!!!!!

#16     Dec 4, 2008
  7. BSAM

BSAM

"Trashy" internet connection. Order obviously didn't go through.

#17     Dec 4, 2008
  8. d08

d08

They won't, as IB is one of the main sponsors.
    All is fun and games until you run into real problems with IB. Sometimes I wonder if some of these people are are either IB employees or paid by IB since real traders would not cheerlead one broker in every thread (you don't see this with any other broker).

#18     Dec 4, 2008
  9. Maybe they are happy share holders?

Kiwi do you have any?

• ibkr.gif
      File size:
      32.6 KB
      Views:
    #19     Dec 4, 2008
  10. Geez, another stupid user issue. If you would take the time to read the user documents, you'd clearly see that Recycling is on Thursday mornings and Trash pick up is on Friday morning!!! Learn to read before coming on here complaining!!! It's idiots like you that make it more difficult to get through to customer service when we have a real problem. Now, does anyone know how to change my breakfast order from Tea to Coffee, without having to cancel the whole order and start again?

#20     Dec 4, 2008