IB Sticky

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by vanilla2, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Anyone else notice in the last two weeks or so, TWS all of a sudden goes nuts and plays catch up on its quotes, as if there's a bottleneck somewhere. Maybe a few times a day, some days/times much more than others.

Otherwise only prob I've ever had is the occasional freezing of a symbol, but the symptom above is new and freaky. Anyone seen this?

2. opw

opw

Yes...

IB has always been totally reliable to me, but since last week quotes are acting 'strange'...

Sometimes quotes do not even show up, sometimes only after considerable delay

3. Maybe in response to all those guys nagging about incomplete quote streams they decided to "improve" things a bit. Several people, myself included, seem to observe faster snapshot rates.

Funny thing is though that over last week, totalling the number of received ticks a day (all ticktypes together) I don't seem to get any obvious difference with the weeks before.

I hope IB didn't screw up their superb performance. From many sides it has been confirmed that, albeit their 0.7sec snaphot rate, their precision was one of the best, if not the best. This report about bottleneck and sticking/delay is alarming. We've never seen this. I'm affraid it's due to those silly know-nothing whiners.

IB, if you changed something with quotes, PLEASE GO BACK TO THE THING THAT WORKED WELL IN THE PAST!

4. Arnie

Arnie

I noticed this too. My quotes would stop for 10-20 sec and then see them stream in to catch up. I thought it was my isp or my network. I have been on the phone with everybody including IB. No resolution to the problem. Maybe DEF can give us some info.

5. well I think TWS has acted like a real POS recently, no quotes, quotes frozen etc.

what is going on?!!!!

6. I had a problem this morning right after the open with the bid and ask being crossed on three of the stocks I was trading. Didn't know what was going on. Not only did they cross they traded through .20 or more above the ask. Never had that to happen on TWS before. It finally cleared up.

I've also had the bottleneck thing to occur with me. I thought it was my DSL. I'm really getting concerned now that you guys are having the same problem.

I'm also asking IB, if you made some changes that would cause this to happen, please put things back like they were.

7. You know what they say: Don't mess around with something
    that never worked right in the first place... :D

[​IMG]

8. Luto

Luto

I thought it was an upgrade to build 818. I back tracked to 817 with the assumption that it might help.

Question for those that are having delays, Are you on build 818 or 817 orsome other build?

Cheers.

9. Yep - having the same thing here. Thought it was my ISP/network. Quotes will stall, then catch up. Lather rinse repeat.

Also when the futures re-open at 3:30 Central time, the change column is stuck on the previous change figures. It's supposed to zero out and start anew. The volume does, as it should. I hope this isn't a new 'feature' now, since I like to see the effects that after-bell earnings had on the numbers compared to the 3:15 CT close.

Running Build 818.5 here.

10. samaritan

samaritan Interactive Brokers

For those with this "sticky" problem, please email help@interactivebrokers.com and include the text "sticky mg101" in the subject line. Please let us know your account name.

Thanks.

#10     Mar 1, 2004