IB-standalone version?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Bob111, May 6, 2008.

1. This doesn't appear to be a bug. I think it has to do with your screen resolution, or maybe like the other poster, you have resized TWS and created your own problem. See my post above for a few suggestions.

A bug should affect everyone.

OldTrader

#31     May 7, 2008
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Just for reference my TWS size is the same now as it was before I upgraded. I did not have these issues before. Apparently the new version just doesn't fit well, but you may be right in that it's not technically a bug.

#32     May 7, 2008
  3. kostia00

kostia00 Interactive Brokers

Hi Lucrum!

I have contacted you back in March regarding OCO exit order problem, and you promised to send me an example of OCO order not working properly. I will gladly investigate any case of OCO order not working properly, please email me date/time/contract and description of what was not correct.

Thanks!

#33     May 7, 2008
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yes you did and shortly afterward I logged onto IB chat with the issue.
    This is the response I got.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120096&perpage=6&pagenumber=4

I'm guessing I'll have to call, if I can get someone that knows what their doing on the phone.

BTW I just upgraded last night and the issue is no better.

#34     May 7, 2008
  5. Why didn't you send him the info directly like he requested? Am I missing something?

By the way, OCO orders work fine here. I enter them everyday.

OldTrader

#35     May 7, 2008
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm a little nervous about sending account info through ET, as in not going directly to IB. Based on the thread I linked there are a number of other users having a similar problem to mine, but apparently it's a relatively small percentage.

Edit: I actually sent some similar info to an IB rep once through ET but got to worrying about how safe it was. I asked Baron if there was anyway to verify the legitimacy of a sponsor alias.
    Baron strongly urged me NOT to send sensitive information like I think he's requesting.

#36     May 7, 2008
  7. I don't blame you for that.

You might want to PM him and ask for a way to send it to IB directly that he would get it.

OldTrader

#37     May 7, 2008
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

A most excellent idea.

#38     May 7, 2008
  9. That font issue is most likely a question of the size/style font you use.

Try adjusting the font size.

IB could also force a different truetype font that would fit better.

#39     May 7, 2008
  10. Speaking of fonts, guys , if you're reading this, how about making the *challenge login* popup font LARGER. Many of us use a large screen and the font you chose is quite tiny. Really no reason to make it so small and amazingly its been this way from day 1.

And I know a lot of traders are old and have to squint .

#40     May 7, 2008