IB-standalone version?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Bob111, May 6, 2008.

1. Bob111

Bob111

i'm using old 873.3 and there pop up message @ first login for last few days.

#21     May 7, 2008
  2. I downloaded 884.3 the other day. No problems so far. I like the colors. Using Java 1.5. Using XP Pro on a Dual core machine.

OldTrader

Edit: By the way, my search function is well up out of the way. Not sure what the problem is with that. Nothing even close to it on my screen.

#22     May 7, 2008
  3. Gonz

Gonz

hmm.. somehow i missed that, must be due to HK server. anyway thanks for the info!! :p

#23     May 7, 2008
  4. Maybe something is wrong with your screen resolution. Here's what my screen looks like:

By the way, there's alot of blurring and breaking up in the screenshot. My TWS is clear...this has to do with something in this site. Oops, nevermind, just click on the download.

#24     May 7, 2008
  5. Mine looks exactly like Lucrums. Looks like a bug.

#25     May 7, 2008
  6. Did you look at mine? Why doesn't mine have the "bug"?

OldTrader

#26     May 7, 2008
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I think part of the problem may be that I have my TWS sized relatively small. So it won't take up too much of my laptop screen.

#27     May 7, 2008
  8. I wish I knew. I sent a detailed bug report to one of the IB tech guys with screenshots and I hope they will find out.

#28     May 7, 2008
  9. OK....so obviously IB can't do much about what size you have TWS sized to.

Here's a suggestion. You can detach pages from TWS. You can put whatever you're following on a page, detach it from TWS, then resize it. There won't be any search function on the detached page. Then minimize the main TWS screen.

Or, you could use a front end to make your trades. That's what I do with ButtonTrader. But you could use BookTrader. Keep TWS minimized.

Or, you can use multiple screens.

Lots of ways to skin the cat here. But this obviously isn't a "bug".

OldTrader

#29     May 7, 2008
  10. Catoosa

Catoosa

There was a bug in TWS 883 that screwed up my whole main TWS 883 page and made it unusable. IB was unable to find or duplicate this problem until I sent IB my tws.xml file. IB then saw the problem and found the bug. The bug was fixed in TWS 884.3. It does seem strange that a TWS page layout bug would effect only a few users.

#30     May 7, 2008