IB Spread Bidding / Offering?

Discussion in 'Options' started by murphmack, Jan 23, 2010.

1. I am just wondering if anyone who uses IB knows if you can enter spread orders because I find it frusturating entering one leg at a time.. I looked around on the site for a while and couldn't figure anything out.

Help? :confused:

PS I am using the Webtrader.. Or will I have to use the platform they offer?

2. rwk

rwk

I traded options before, a long time ago. I recent started trading options again, and I found IB's OptionTrader to be very powerful. It does pretty much everything I want. Check out their webinar on it.

3. spindr0

spindr0

AFAIK, the Webtrader offers the same symbol features that the standalone platform does. Assuming that it does...

Type your symbol and then hit ENTER. A menu opens up and under and it will list:

STOCK
    FUTURES
    OPTIONS
    COMBINATIONS

Click COMBINATIONS and from there you should be able to find the menu that lists the various types of combo orders available (calendar, vertical, straddle, etc.).

4. I checked.. It has everything there except for Combinations =( I'll just call them on Monday.

5. hlpsg

hlpsg

on the main trading page, enter the ticker symbol you want, then select Combinations. It'll bring up the Spread Trader window. You can choose from predefined spreads or make your own in the custom combo tab.