IB Smart slow to go green

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by crazy_trader, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Anyone experiencing slowness in IB limit/market SMART routing to NYSE stocks. It took a few seconds to go "green" today and yesterday.

On Nasdaq stocks, SMART limit/mkt order goes green right away.

2. What did customer service say about this? Did you report it to them?

3. Email them, no reply. I guess they did have problems today. Saw it on another thread.

4. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

Yes, bigtime.

Something has changed in the last 3+- days.
    Orders recognition/submission had almost reached instantaneous rates lately (nice job IB). But this week has been very bad, 10-20 seconds at the open, and 2-4 seconds intraday.
    Couple that with stuck island quotes, a down ARCA line, log-in-outs........ughhhh (I lose my API page & basket partials when forced logout/in happens guys!!!). Things have really been hanging "blue", especially listed stuff.
    General quotes have been a bit "sticky" lately as well.....prints go off, creating new/high low.....and it's not reflected in the TWS high/low.....even though you just saw? it go across on TWS. These only stick by 1-3 seconds typically, not that big of a deal compared to the execution issues this week.

5. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

Today was not a typical day:
    - ISLAND confirmed technical problems in their primary systems - that is what caused the crossed NBBO around the open; this got fixed when we switched onto their backup site
    - we lost 2 internet gateway machines; the recovery from this should have been seamless, but it is conceivable that there were some lingering problems

Aside from this I am not aware of any problems from this week. However, I take your complaint very seriously; I need at least one example to trace. Please PM as soon as possible; include the account number and the version of the TWS. Your help is very much appreciated.

6. IBSoft...

Would one experience the same issues whether on your European server or US server?

I'm not sure why my two accts/computers behave a bit different on bad days like today but I think I may have 1 of the accts on the European server. How do I check that?

7. IBsoft

The issue we had was w/ the US servers. The connections to the European or Asian ones were not affected.

8. I can't believe that IB did not respond to e-mail :mad:

9. Kensho

Kensho

I notice executions in futures to be a lot slower than usual yesterday and today.

10. IBsoft

I need one specific order number to start a trace. Please PM ASAP. Thanks.

#10     Apr 21, 2006