IB SMART executions on NASDAQ stocks

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Bob111, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Bob111

Bob111

i don't know what to say...i don't know who or what can cause this..HFT,broker,exchange....whatever..i'm so frustrated..recently,specially this week every other time i sell at bid and order executed as a smart(IB) the quote in TWS at the bid is immediately up by 1 cent. example- bid was 2.05 x 200 shares. i sell 200,closing my position, and right after,in split seconds that bid became 2.06. same 200 shares. my trade executed at IB smart. same for shorts. i'm not talking about stocks like AAPL..i'm talking about stocks with 50-250K average volume. it's can't be coincidence..10-15 times a day on different stocks?
    i have no idea what the fuck this is..i saw this shit before,but like i said-recently-it's pretty much every other trade goes like that..do i have to run and compare data from multiple sources just to make sure that IB quotes are real,not stuck? because i think they are..either messed up or just stuck..i wouldn't open my mouth if those trades are executed in various exchanges,but probably on 90% of those trades for some reason IB is buying my shares. i don't' know..but it's look's like... let say...strange coincidence..

can anyone confirm my observations or it's just me and my paranoia?

Thank you!

2. Not likely a bad quote issue. I run two diff quote sources and IB is always the lead one, never saw a time where their quotes were suspect.

see the pm to you.