IB slow today?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by macal425, Feb 21, 2002.

1. alanm

alanm

I'm running 752.6 standalone and had no problems today pre-market and after-hours.

#11     Feb 22, 2002
  2. shneed

shneed

Mine is 753.6, maybe that's the reason.

#12     Feb 22, 2002
  3. When you say it ran slow do you mean the quotes were lagging or some thing else? ty

#13     Feb 22, 2002
  4. For me, the quotes would just freeze on a few stocks, then slowly on some more, then they would disappear completely across the board.

Right now I am using the browser version instead of the standalone. It seems to be working ok. IB tech showed me how to transfer all my settings from the standalone version to the browser version. This was a relief as I have about 100 stocks set up with various routing options.

Does anyone know the pros and cons of using the browser version as opposed to the standalone version?

I must say that, even although this has been a problem for the last 2 days, IB tech has been responding as well as can be expected via email. I'm sure (hoping) this problem will be ironed out shortly with the next build.

#14     Feb 22, 2002
  5. Htrader

Htrader Guest

One main con of using the browser version is that if your internet explorer crashes, so does TWS. But I still use the browser as a default because the standalone doesn't work as well on my system for some reason.

#15     Feb 22, 2002
  6. kleinphi

kleinphi Guest

I've been having similar problems with my quotes since I upgraded to the latest stand-alone build a couple of days ago.

For me, it starts whenever an order goes live: A few seconds after that quotes get slow, then incorrect, I even get negative numbers, then they disappear completely. The solution is to restart the TWS, which I have been doing after EVERY ORDER...

I would like to use the browser based version while they are working on the standalone one (unfortunately I was too stupid to save a copy of the old version). How exactly do you transfer your settings to the browser-based one?

#16     Feb 22, 2002
  7. I also suffered yesterday with the missing quotes
    and negative values and other funny stuff on my standalone
    version of the TWS.

I called the IB Tech desk this am and was told to use the
    website version of the TWS for trading.

this seemed to fix all the problems I was having thursday.

#17     Feb 23, 2002
  8. Kleinphi

This is a copy of the email I got from IB tech.

"Log out of all of your instances of TWS.

Go to my computer, the C: drive, and then to the JTS folder.

Hold down the ctrl key on your keyboard, and single-click on all folders in here
    that begin with the letter "d" and go up to edit and select copy.

Click back once, then go into the ibjts folder. Go up to edit and paste. Say
    "yes to all" to replacing the folders.

This will copy all settings into the web version for you; unfortunately, we
    don't have an older standalone available."

#18     Feb 23, 2002
  9. I sent you an email

#19     Feb 23, 2002
  10. Thanks Max, I'm taking you up on that offer.

#20     Feb 23, 2002