IB slow P&L update

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by HotTip, Jul 23, 2007.

1. HotTip

HotTip

This is something that's been consistent of the last few TWS versions. My P&L column is soooo slow to update when I click from page to page. I have to wait a good 30 sec before I can see how I'm doing with each page/strategy. It seems to only do it on pages where I have overnight positions. On pages where I have positions that I entered today, the P&L update is immediate. Anyone else encountering this?

I'm not sure if TWS is waiting for the next tick to update each P&L line, but it should at least estimate it based on the average of the bid/ask, or based on the last tick. It's pretty frustrating.

2. joesan

joesan

Hey, why should you look at P&L during the session? They say it has some bad effects on your performance.

3. Bob111

Bob111

4. HotTip

HotTip

5. I've alerted them of this issue a few weeks ago. I was waiting up to 10-15 minutes and more and often whole pages would not update after market closed.

It's a little better lately but I'd like to see things back to when all P&L on a page would update within 10 sec of clicking on it.

6. Bob111

Bob111

maybe they not really fix this issue.
    happends all the time with IB

7. HotTip

HotTip

I thought the P&L field was waiting for tick data to get updated, but apparently not. I sat and watched the volume go up on a particular ticker, yet the P&L for that ticker never changed. What's going on IB?!!

8. HotTip

HotTip

I've been informed by IB that they've addressed the issue in v875, of which the standalone version will be released in a week. Thanks IB! You guys rock!

9. fusionz

fusionz

has anyone noticed that their P&L window hasn't been updated for about an hour?

10. Bob111

Bob111

looks like they like to broke things, that works fine for years, to fix them again later. PnL issue remind me transmit order issue in 871-873 builds, where when you click on T, on grid to send your order to exchange-and it's stuck. Works fine for years, yet some genius from IB decide to make it 3D looking. as result-everything is f**ed up and it took them 2 month to fix. I still have it in 873.3, don't know about 874.

Have to to admit, that TWS and IB handle yesterday carnage very well.
    :D

#10     Jul 27, 2007