IB: slow order entry today...anybody else?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by roger2, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Turok

Turok

Had one Arca order fail to go green and then of course it sat purple for several minutes upon attempt to cancel. I hate these situations because you are never sure if you got the stock or not.

The rest of my 50 or so orders were executed perfectly.

I never use BEST_... always route direct.

JB

#11     Sep 19, 2001
  2. def

def Sponsor

as you know I don't trade during US hours and this is the first I heard of any delays with orders. The Asian and European connections were fine. Could be the virus clogging up the net or slowness with various ECN's related to the disaster. I'll do what I can to get some information posted via the bboards when/if numersous clients call to complain about delayed orders.

#12     Sep 19, 2001
  3. babe714

babe714

My orders with IB went green almost instantly as usual today . (NYSE) . Datek was another story , even one order I phoned in never made it to the exchange.

#13     Sep 20, 2001
  4. DT-waw

DT-waw

Do you have similar problems with IB futures accounts?

DT-waw

#14     Sep 20, 2001
  5. MORE

MORE

hello, I'm french (sorry for my english not very well) I plan to open an account to IB (to day trade futures) but I'm a little bit afraid for the technology.
    I already experienced some failures with DSL connection and others, so I'd like to know if the IB hotline is really OK : If I have an order on the market and so, do they answer immediatly ? I think that is a thing very important to know "before" !!

thanks a lot

#15     Sep 20, 2001
  6. Good question! I have not had to call them for a very long time so I thought I would try out the number given on their web site. it is 877-442-2757. Sorry, but I don't know the long distance prefex for France. Anyway, after a very short automated answering doo-dad, press 1 and, in my experience this morning, the trade desk answered on the second ring!

IMO, service doesn't get much better than that!

Best regards,
    Jim

#16     Sep 20, 2001
  7. shneed

shneed

Again, the same problem today!!! Is anyone having these problems with other brokers?

Thanks,
    shneed

#17     Sep 21, 2001
  8. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

IB futures accounts are fine.. In fact as fast as ever. considering the action going on it is great.

neo

#18     Sep 21, 2001
  9. shneed

shneed

When the market started to move from -200 to +40, not one of my orders went green, and by the time they did (between 15-45 seconds) it was obviously too late.

shneed

#19     Sep 21, 2001
  10. Magna

Magna Administrator

shneed,

Again, the same problem today!!! Is anyone having these problems with other brokers?

As always Cyber seems to be lightning fast. Have had no posting of orders, or fills, take more than 2 seconds including confirmation. Of course, for $14.95 per ticket I guess they should be fast :)

#20     Sep 21, 2001