IB: slow order entry today...anybody else?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by roger2, Sep 19, 2001.

1. roger2

roger2

My nasdaq orders with IB (Best_ECN routing) have been taking about 20 - 30 seconds to 'go live' today.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

2. shneed

shneed

Same here, for the last 2 days.

shneed:

3. Yes! Me too. The only thing I know about it is that it may be related to a new virus/worm going around. Go to McAffee.com...they have the story.

My squawk box is having problems as well.

Jim

4. Eldredge

Eldredge

I have been having the same problem today. It seemed like it might have been the worst around 11:20.

5. Htrader

Htrader Guest

My orders have also been taking awhile to go green, however, sometimes I see my order represented on the ECN book almost immediately. So I'm wondering if its just the updating TWS thats slow, not the actual order routing.

6. shneed

shneed

I spoke with IB help, they told me that its not them, its the exchanges, ecn's, Soes, but not them.

shneed

7. huby

huby

Same, same, same!!

IB cust. service is a joke. The person I spoke with told me it was the market as well. Bull crap. My friend who I trade with got out of the same stock with cybertrader at the same time with no problems whatsoever.

Why won't they just tell the truth that there is a problem. I can live with that. I can't deal with not knowing if I own stock or not in a fast market and having some stupid ass, $7/hour cust. service idiot lying to me!

I was long 500 shares of vrts today, entered a sell market order via best ecn, then when nothing happened for about 45 seconds, I cancelled and entered a limit sell on island. That one filled in about 20 seconds. (vs. the usual 1 second) Then a minute later, I checked my position page and noticed I was short 500 vrts as it was shooting through the roof toward the close. The market order went through without ever going green!

Call me crazy, but this is totally unacceptable to me. I love IB and have been very pleased overall but this has got to be fixed immediately! If not then I'm off to greener pastures.

Def, do you know anything about this? Anything you can do?

8. i had a problem today with one of my sells.. order went purple on a cancel.. and, i know there were some ecn problems with other brokers concerning arca and isld, so that may have been it.. but i called IB and they took care of it for me.. i have noticed that it takes a couple seconds today for an order to show live.. however, i dont notice a difference in fill time and i probably made 20 or so round trips today.. just my 2 cents

-qwik

9. Really guys, I've noticed some slowdown myself (as I posted earlier) but in this case, let's give IB a break for a day or two.

I feel your pain (pane?)...yesterday I couldn't get a fill to save my soul and this was on NYSE...trading Wal Mart, I think. Damn thing turned green but then it just sat there. Finally got filled but it took one hell of a long time. But my next trade...same stock...basically same conditions, went thru in about two seconds fromthe time I pulled the trigger. Other times, many secs go by before I see the green bar.

I've heard about wierd internet happenings for the past day or two...supposedly it is something like code red or whatever and it is screwing with servers all over the place...NY, Chicago to name two. I even got an email from the squawk box people blaming outages and dropouts on the worm.

I'm just going to keep my orders a little smaller for the next day or two and trade with a little larger time window and see if things don't improve. If they don't (looking around for def :D ) I'll take it up w/ IB then.

Best regards,
    Jim

10. Had problems with IB as well today. Orders took seemingly forever to go green. Missed a couple of layup trades because of it. Had heard of other instances of IB customers having big problems with late confirmations of trades they thought never went live before they tried to cancel. Scary.

IB has made great strides since i began trading with them 1 year ago. In general, I have been very pleased with them. I hope these issues can be resolved quickly and i would further hope that IB could in the future take a proactive stance in warning customers when system difficulties do arise. The System Status page for today gave no indication of customers having difficulties, and yet it is clear that numerous customers contacted IB's help desk with execution problems.

#10     Sep 19, 2001