IB Slow Execution Recently?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by macal425, May 20, 2003.

1. def

def Sponsor

Harry, if you knew anything about IB you'd know your comments are completely BS in regards to our firm. This conspiracy theory of yours want fly with us. IB routes to the market with the best price. IB will only route internally if at the instant it receives an order, it can match or better a market. Order routing reports to the SEC clearly state this. For futures there no internal routing as orders go instantly and direct to the exchange where they must be executed. IB has built a reputation by not only competing on price but competing on speed. As the IB Group self clears and often does over 200,000 trades per day, economies of scale are created where the marginal cost per trade is very low. These cost savings allow us to charge professional commissions to all clients.

I'll restate, your insinuation is completely FALSE and is actually an insult to our knowledgeable client base. Assuming there is an internal speed issue, I'm confident that it will be quickly resolved.

I should also add, that many of the posts refer to futures. If you knew anything about how an electronic futures market operates, you'd know your comments are absurd.

#21     May 21, 2003
  2. Trading ZN's and ZB's seems to be fine. I have found no problem
    with speed.

#22     May 21, 2003
  3. IDEM is a real desaster today. Margin for options is way off by a factor of about 20 to 50.

:mad:

#23     May 21, 2003
  4. paulus

paulus

recently there has been a problem with SLOW executions (slow, compared to what i was used to at IB); sometimes i got NO execution at all and received the message 'could not validate contract at this moment'; today IB sent a message to clients that
    'could not validate contract at this moment'-problem has been resolved; i hope the recent slow execution problems (especially 1th hour of trading, serverproblem) will be resolved too;

paulus

#24     May 21, 2003
  5. IB must be a long way behind the market (ACE) (YM) when a market order is placed and it instantly fills 4 points away (of course not in my favour...)

Also for the first 3/4 hour, the data was coming through in little burst followed by pauses of 1/2 second then another quick burst and another puase. This didn't correct itself until about 10:15- 10:20 EST

This is rediculous.

Natalie

#25     May 21, 2003
  6. paulus

paulus

btw, maybe def can tell us what the normal refreshmentrate is for data at IB ?

paulus

#26     May 21, 2003
  7. I have been going back and forth with IB via email regarding this. They do not seem to see a problem, or at the very least, they cannot see a problem with my orders. They have said that they are not getting complaints from anyone else. I would urge everyone who has this problem to contact IB and let them know that orders are slow to go live. Hopefully this will push them to work harder on this. It is clear from this thread that this is a problem and not just my/our imagination.

#27     May 21, 2003
  8. sammybea

sammybea

Honestly, i have clearly noticed a delay for my order to go live from just a few weeks ago.

#28     May 21, 2003
  9. Brosh J.

Brosh J.

Absolutely slow to light up recently :(

#29     May 21, 2003
  10. samaritan

samaritan Interactive Brokers

We (at IB) are trying to contact members of this board in order to get specific examples of the problem of slow order entry. If you have specific examples, please contact the IB help desk and give them a specific example that includes your login or account number, the date and time of the order, the instrument, and any other details of the order like price and size. Please tell them that the problem is in relation to slow order entry and I will make sure that they forward me the details. I can assure you that we take these problems very seriously and are working to solve the problem.

#30     May 21, 2003