IB Slow Execution Recently?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by macal425, May 20, 2003.

1. cvds16

cvds16

can't be coincidance: i had several orders not turning green for a long time since about a week or so.

#11     May 20, 2003
  2. Same problem, notably with OEX options at CBOE, and others ...

#12     May 20, 2003
  3. I trade European futures and thought that a few executions were slow. Thought it was my imagination, but now that I read this about Globex, hmmmmmmmmm................

#13     May 20, 2003
  4. Brosh J.

Brosh J.

Yep, I have noticed this delay too, macal, and it's costing me missed fills that i otherwise should have had. I hope they get this problem identified and fixed quickly. This is a REAL problem! :(

#14     May 20, 2003
  5. Me too...been happening for at least 1.5-2 weeks now....

#15     May 20, 2003
  6. Pabst

Pabst

Cost me thousands today on ACE. I've thought I was nuts, but IB has been slow for a few weeks and untradable since last Wens. for the type of fast pace trading I do. ACE is usually much faster than Globex but today I was missing turns, having orders not even light up, and then after thinking I wasn't "entered" I would enter the trade again, only to be filled on both a second later. I'm bullshit about this! Used to be I put up with IB's crap cause they were so much cheaper than anyone else. Now with other CME/CBOT firms out there charging less I've got to boogie.

#16     May 20, 2003
  7. def

def Sponsor

I've been out of town so I haven't heard anything. I just send this info to the heads of a few groups. If there is a speed issue, they will resolve it with the utmost priority.

#17     May 20, 2003
  8. cas

cas

thanks for following up as always def. As mentioned before, I did notice it today as well on stocks..I would submit the order, and it would seem to hang on the blue. If I cancelled it, it would cancel instantly. One time i had one order sitting on the blue, and I sent a second, and it went live and executed as fast as normal...so I never really saw a pattern.

Thanks,

cas

#18     May 20, 2003
  9. Some brokers are just middle men : they do redirect the order to their mother house which will result in slippage and delay of execution and profit in their pocket. Do you know if it is the case of IB ? Then that would explain their low fees because they then compensate hugely by hidden cost by doing that without client awareness of course. Although it is legal it is not fair commercially not to mention it if it is the case.

#19     May 21, 2003
  10. enrick71

enrick71

Problem even on Idem, italian derivative market, for the last 2 days.

:mad:

#20     May 21, 2003